Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G3
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-15-2005, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progneto
LOL,,,

Adlai,

The ONLY reason I posted was to see if you were STILL my shadow on these forums.

As far as my card,,,the card is listed as one that is supposed to be supported (as I stated earlier). Those of us with this card were told that a fix was in the works to make them show shadows but when the KE guys were pressed,,,they admitted there_was_NO_fix_in_the_works!

And,,,YES,,,WE KNOW THAT YOU ARE VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY WITH G3! LOL

Progneto

For what it is worth, I am still NOT very happy with G3!

Jessica Simpson video is on TV,,,,,GOTTA GO!
Progneto,

I don't know where you get the idea that I'm shadowing you. If you check out my post

like I remember asking you once before.

You'll see that I've posted more then just a few times and you should also notice that your not the only person that I've posted to.

Also. I'm still waiting for you to get your friends who you said had problems with G3 and support to post about those problems here. Any estimate on when they might be doing that?

Adlai

Last edited by Slider; 06-15-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:27 PM

Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider
blah, blah, blah,,,,,,,,,,,

Also. I'm still waiting for you to get your friends who you said had problems with G3 and support to post about those problems here. Any estimate on when they might be doing that?

blah,,,blah,,,blah,,,,,,,
I don't recall that you ever asked me to have my friends post anything on here about their experience with G3. As far as I remember, the only ones I've mentioned are:

1. Marc D. who is the president of the RC club in Davis County, Utah. Marc is a seasoned RC airplane and helicopter pilot. He is the person that I originally purchased G2 from and then sold it back to him. Sorry, but he had nothing good to say about G3.

2. Mark B. who recently purchased G3 and could not get it to work on his very modern system. He told me that when he contacted tech support they basically told him that they would not guarantee G3 to work on every system. He asked who their competition was and they told him Aerofly and Reflex and that he might be happier with either of them.

Sorry if I missed your post asking for them to make their own posts on these forums. I'll mention it to them next time I see them.

By the way,,,,I STILL know that you are VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY with G3. And, I STILL know that I am not that happy with G3. Obviously, it beats nothing but from what I see of Aerofly Pro,,,it is the superior product of the two. And,,,I STILL believe G2 is STILL better than G3.

Progneto
Bridi Super Kaos, Goldberg Falcon 56 and Kyosho Nexus Helicopter are flying now

Bridi Killer Chaos, Pica Waco and Great Planes Super Skybolt almost ready to fly!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:43 PM

Quote:
When I have the time I will direct you to the post about things you said to refresh your mind and I will also complete my reply to your post above.

Adlai
That will be fine. But, it still won't change the fact that you are VERY, VERY, VERY HAPPY with G3 and I still am not very happy with G3!

By the way, as of June 15, 2005, I thought I had made a lot of posts on these forums,,,175,,,this will be 176,,,but then I looked at yours Adlai,,,656!

We really need to get you a REAL RC plane to get you out of the house! j/k

RC sims can teach you so much but they still never COMPLETELY take the place of REAL flying!

Progneto
Old 06-15-2005, 08:52 PM

Slider and Bumping Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHim
Slider,

I understand your motivation, but you really don't need to keep bringing these messages to the top. They will appear as new to anyone who has not read them yet. Those of us who HAVE read them keep going back into these threads to read the "new" posts only to find that it is you again just trying to bump the thread.

Maybe I am alone, but I feel you are getting a bit carried away with your bumping. No offense intended.

Jim H.
Could you be speaking of something like this? 7 posts,,,,6 of them by Slider. Slider, do you just enjoy seeing your posts on the Internet or are you talking to yourself? Also, do you ALWAYS have to give your system specs with each post?

And I know that you are STILL VERY, VERY, VERY HAPPY with G3.

Progneto
The last I'll say about this.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I don't recall that you ever asked me to have my friends post anything on here about their experience with G3. As far as I remember, the only ones I've mentioned are:

1. Marc D. who is the president of the RC club in Davis County, Utah. Marc is a seasoned RC airplane and helicopter pilot. He is the person that I originally purchased G2 from and then sold it back to him. Sorry, but he had nothing good to say about G3.

2. Mark B. who recently purchased G3 and could not get it to work on his very modern system. He told me that when he contacted tech support they basically told him that they would not guarantee G3 to work on every system. He asked who their competition was and they told him Aerofly and Reflex and that he might be happier with either of them.

Sorry if I missed your post asking for them to make their own posts on these forums. I'll mention it to them next time I see them.

By the way,,,,I STILL know that you are VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY with G3. And, I STILL know that I am not that happy with G3. Obviously, it beats nothing but from what I see of Aerofly Pro,,,it is the superior product of the two. And,,,I STILL believe G2 is STILL better than G3.

Progneto
Bridi Super Kaos, Goldberg Falcon 56 and Kyosho Nexus Helicopter are flying now

Bridi Killer Chaos, Pica Waco and Great Planes Super Skybolt almost ready to fly!
Progneto,

To refresh your mind...check out in the RF G3 SUPPORT SECTION under the thread FREE PLANES???? the # 18 post.
Right off the bat I can say this. Your good at mentioning people names and they didn't like this and they didn't like that or they this or that about G3.
But might possibly be that they have OUTDATED computers with OUTDATED 3D Cards. Or maybe their new cpu's maybe have crapy 3d cards? Or maybe they have new computers, but real low end type computers. Or maybe they have top of the line NEW cpu's and top of the line 3D cards etc, but they don't know HECK about computers . Be nice for to hear it from the horses mouth and not just from you as to their TRUE EXPERIENCES and FACTS, not just hearsay.

Adlai

Last edited by Slider; 06-16-2005 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Could you be speaking of something like this? 7 posts,,,,6 of them by Slider. Slider, do you just enjoy seeing your posts on the Internet or are you talking to yourself? Also, do you ALWAYS have to give your system specs with each post?

And I know that you are STILL VERY, VERY, VERY HAPPY with G3.

Progneto
The last I'll say about this.
Progneto,

As far as this post you made. I've been a member since 2000. I try to help out in here. Not like so many people who only know how to say, say give me, give me, give me, give me. And by the way, thank you for bringing up the post I made, I hope that makes more people read those post.
FACTS!....stop with the HEARSAY!

Adlai

Last edited by Slider; 06-16-2005 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:17 PM

Quote:
That will be fine. But, it still won't change the fact that you are VERY, VERY, VERY HAPPY with G3 and I still am not very happy with G3!

By the way, as of June 15, 2005, I thought I had made a lot of posts on these forums,,,175,,,this will be 176,,,but then I looked at yours Adlai,,,656!

We really need to get you a REAL RC plane to get you out of the house! j/k

RC sims can teach you so much but they still never COMPLETELY take the place of REAL flying!

Progneto
Progneto,

I usually work 7 days a week and 10 to 12 hours a day. Not counting the time that I spend in here.
I will most probably pick up a plane again one of these days. I do have 3 rc gas trucks that do about 40 mph and a oval track in our back yard. But I haven't used any of them for probably a year or more. I've flown RC aircraft for years, I'm not a pro by any means, but I do know how to control real RC planes. And I know if I was to fly a real RC plane right now, I'd have no problem AT ALL doing so. You can only do so many things when you have only so much time to do them in.
Hey I have some free time. I want to fly but I don't have enough time to get down to the field and fly. Lemme see...oh yea I have G3!
I post here, mostly to try to help out, do you?
I waste a whole lot of my free time which is very limited and which I know I could find MUCH better things to do with. I waste it dealing with people like you that talk nonsense like you just brought up in these last few posts.
And in one of your post you wanted to know why I posted my cpu specks every time I post. I'ts my signature, I post it to let people know without a dought, what I'm using to run G3. Not like some people who complain about G3 when it just might be their cpu thats the cause they complain so much about G3. Be nice if they could post their cpu specks also.
And I'm pretty sure that hell will freeze over before your get you friends to post here about the problems they had with G3 and exactly why it is that their not impressed with G3.
I'll be checking to see what DANCE AROUND you'll come up with next.
From the horses mouth...not hearsay...

Adlai

Last edited by Slider; 06-16-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Progneto,

To refresh your mind...check out in the RF G3 SUPPORT SECTION under the thread FREE PLANES???? the # 18 post.
Right off the bat I can say this. Your good at mentioning people names and they didn't like this and they didn't like that or they this or that about G3.
But might possibly be that they have OUTDATED computers with OUTDATED 3D Cards. Or maybe their new cpu's maybe have crapy 3d cards? Or maybe they have new computers, but real low end type computers. Or maybe they have top of the line NEW cpu's and top of the line 3D cards etc, but they don't know HECK about computers . Be nice for to hear it from the horses mouth and not just from you as to their TRUE EXPERIENCES and FACTS, not just hearsay.

Adlai
Here is the paragraph from FREE PLANES???? Post #18 that I assume you are referring to:

Quote:
Say what you want about G3, I still do not feel that we were given what we were promised. And, yes, I feel like G3 will be the death knell for KE. I know that I will never purchase another version of RealFlight and I'm sure there are many more just like me. A real rc student of mine purchased G3 recently, even after I warned him of the many problems and bugs. He has a very strong, modern system and he could not get G3 to work. He called KE's tech support and was basically told that they would not guarantee it would work on every system. KE didn't even try to help him get the program to work from what he said. For some reason, I tend to believe it.
That is the 2nd person I referred to in my previous post, Mark B. Both of the men I mentioned flew G3 on MY computer and there have been several more besides them. My computer flies G3 as well as G3 will run with the exception of shadows. As far as the two men posting, that is up to them but there have been plenty others in here that have expressed their negative opinions of G3. Surely there have been enough of them that you can see there could actually be some people with good_modern_state_of_the_art computers that still are not happy with it.

What I have repeatedly tried to say, and it is solely my opinion, is that:
1. I feel that aircraft in G2 flew much better than aircraft in G3.
2. I do not feel that G3 matched up to the hype.
3. That KE used us as beta testers and released a product that was probably at least a year away from being ready for the market (I won't even try to guess why).
4. If a potential purchaser of G3 would wait two years, then buy a new_state_of_the_art_computer with the latest video card, drivers, etc., by that time, KE might actually have a pretty good product and the purchaser might actually have a product that will run the program without the problems we see listed in these forums.
5. I will never purchase another RC sim from KE because of 1-4.

All of that being said, I know that you enjoy G3 and that is great. Just because I don't share your enthusiasm does not mean that "I don't get it" or that I am the representative of evil in the RC simming world. I really am glad that you enjoy G3, I hope you can come to terms with my opinions about the product without having to shadow me everytime I post in these forums.

I hope you will discontinue thread bumping and remove your system specs from your signature so as not to annoy other forum readers. System specs can simply be emailed to others if they desire to know about your computer.

I know that no one wants to see us rant and rave at each other and it is quite pointless. I'll give you the last word.

Progneto

By the way, I still wouldn't mind flying with you the next time I get to Hawaii,,,,Maybe a little RC COMBAT??? LOL
Old 06-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Rick Delten

(off-topic) A suggestion concerning the signature issue. When you respond to a post you can uncheck the "show signature" box. This is a nice feature if you are going to be posting repeatedly in the same thread. I just looked and their are a few threads were you have replied 6-7 times and included that (long) signature in each reply, when once was more than enough! Also you could shorten your signature by only including RELEVANT items (ie. size of your hardrive and onboard cache, monitor size, onboard sound, cable modem etc are irrelevent to the games performance and don't we all have to run "DirectX 9.0c" in order for G3 to work?)

Just a friendly suggestion

P.S. IMO Progneto has been the BIGGEST contributor on this forum (contributor = "to give or supply in common with others")

Last edited by Rick Delten; 06-16-2005 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Here is the paragraph from FREE PLANES???? Post #18 that I assume you are referring to:

That is the 2nd person I referred to in my previous post, Mark B. Both of the men I mentioned flew G3 on MY computer and there have been several more besides them. My computer flies G3 as well as G3 will run with the exception of shadows. As far as the two men posting, that is up to them but there have been plenty others in here that have expressed their negative opinions of G3. Surely there have been enough of them that you can see there could actually be some people with good_modern_state_of_the_art computers that still are not happy with it.

What I have repeatedly tried to say, and it is solely my opinion, is that:
1. I feel that aircraft in G2 flew much better than aircraft in G3.
2. I do not feel that G3 matched up to the hype.
3. That KE used us as beta testers and released a product that was probably at least a year away from being ready for the market (I won't even try to guess why).
4. If a potential purchaser of G3 would wait two years, then buy a new_state_of_the_art_computer with the latest video card, drivers, etc., by that time, KE might actually have a pretty good product and the purchaser might actually have a product that will run the program without the problems we see listed in these forums.
5. I will never purchase another RC sim from KE because of 1-4.

All of that being said, I know that you enjoy G3 and that is great. Just because I don't share your enthusiasm does not mean that "I don't get it" or that I am the representative of evil in the RC simming world. I really am glad that you enjoy G3, I hope you can come to terms with my opinions about the product without having to shadow me everytime I post in these forums.

I hope you will discontinue thread bumping and remove your system specs from your signature so as not to annoy other forum readers. System specs can simply be emailed to others if they desire to know about your computer.

I know that no one wants to see us rant and rave at each other and it is quite pointless. I'll give you the last word.

Progneto

By the way, I still wouldn't mind flying with you the next time I get to Hawaii,,,,Maybe a little RC COMBAT??? LOL
Progneto,

Could you please post snapshots "attachments" here with showing how many Frames Per Second your cpu can run G3.
Of a mustang flying at Joe's Garage Airport with using 1600 x 1200 x 16 bit resolution and some with the stangs smoke turned on and some without smoke. You chose the amount of smoke and state how much you used. Wind speed 5 mph @ 270 deg. Taking off and flybys etc. with throttle set to full throttle incl throttle trim tab all the way up. Everthing set to highest setting and turned ON. Terrain percentage at 60%, Trees percentage set at 50%. Could you also please use "manual" view when flying, Please let me know how many times you tapped the - or = keys after first selecting the manual view. Pics in full screen mode. Also could you please maybe for once, instead of me having to hunt all over to try and find this. Include Your system specks, incl...cache size..front side buss mhz, screen size, amount of ram and speed mhz etc.and model cpu, in other words like I have below in my signature. And when you showed those people you mentioned >G3, were you in a dimmly lit room or well lighted or out in the Sun? And I am correct when I say that you still haven't been able to connect in multilplayer?
I will also post pics with setting set as I have stated with showing how many frames per second my cpu(s) can run G3 and also my replies to both you and Rick..as soon as possible after you've posted your pics and replied to this post. The snapshots that I take, I will try to take those snapshots as close as I can to the snapshots you've taken .

Thanks,

Adlai

Last edited by Slider; 06-18-2005 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-20-2005, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Progneto,

Could you please post snapshots "attachments" here with showing how many Frames Per Second your cpu can run G3.
Of a mustang flying at Joe's Garage Airport with using 1600 x 1200 x 16 bit resolution and some with the stangs smoke turned on and some without smoke. You chose the amount of smoke and state how much you used. Wind speed 5 mph @ 270 deg. Taking off and flybys etc. with throttle set to full throttle incl throttle trim tab all the way up. Everthing set to highest setting and turned ON. Terrain percentage at 60%, Trees percentage set at 50%. Could you also please use "manual" view when flying, Please let me know how many times you tapped the - or = keys after first selecting the manual view. Pics in full screen mode. Also could you please maybe for once, instead of me having to hunt all over to try and find this. Include Your system specks, incl...cache size..front side buss mhz, screen size, amount of ram and speed mhz etc.and model cpu, in other words like I have below in my signature. And when you showed those people you mentioned >G3, were you in a dimmly lit room or well lighted or out in the Sun? And I am correct when I say that you still haven't been able to connect in multilplayer?
I will also post pics with setting set as I have stated with showing how many frames per second my cpu(s) can run G3 and also my replies to both you and Rick..as soon as possible after you've posted your pics and replied to this post. The snapshots that I take, I will try to take those snapshots as close as I can to the snapshots you've taken .

Thanks,

Adlai

36.6 frames per second sans smoke.

Progneto

Last edited by Progneto; 06-23-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:52 PM

Smile Right on customer expectation!

I bought a month ago the G3 simulator to avoid costly crashes with my new shuttle plus. I am a novice and after three sundays of real life flying I must say that the simulator saved me money because I was able to avoid some crashes due to reflexes learned on the simulator. (till now minor problems and no real crash but bumpy landings)

It was easy to install the software and start using it.

Although the heli I used for training was a little to stable compared to real life.
I learned how to switch of the head lock which was giving me not enough steering training for the rudder. All fine.

Thanks. Good job done in creating this simulator.

Wilfried
Old 06-28-2005, 06:47 AM

Quote:
36.6 frames per second sans smoke.

Progneto
................................... 111.4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Joe's Garage Airport.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	985  
Old 07-05-2005, 02:43 AM

Since I can't seem to "edit" my post anyone. I'm posting this post to let anyone who might have been wondering where the heck is that signature and those system specks that I was talking about in one or more of my post above? If you'd like to see my signature and those system specks just click on my Slider *my member name* above and scroll down just a tad to see my signature and the specks of my cpu.

Thanks,

Adlai
Old 07-05-2005, 10:02 PM

Guess I missed this thread before. Went a little off-topic didn't it. heh

Thanks KnifeEdge for a great sim. And thank you for constantly working to make it even better.

Last edited by Smoke; 07-05-2005 at 10:07 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: