Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G3
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-26-2004, 02:45 PM

Ramora is a blowhard

Look Ramora, most of the complaints are not that it has small problems. It just doesn't work at all. I don't think that asking it to boot up is unreasonable.

My system (Dell 1.7 Ghz) far exceeds all published requirements, and the program won't boot at all. Just error messages.

There are MANY posts with people having exactly the same problem I have, which is "Error creating effect GrassBillboards". The only solution that appears to work is buy a new computer.

Glad your setup is working Ramora, but get off the rest of our asses.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:36 PM

Quote:
"Error creating effect GrassBillboards".
This error is nearly always caused by an incompatible graphics card. The list of tested/supported graphics cards is available here.

Quote:
The only solution that appears to work is buy a new computer.
The simplest solution is to get a supported graphics card from the list.

Travis
Old 12-27-2004, 11:15 AM

Missed the point

I guess my point is that my computer runs every other program on the planet, including Doom 3 and other graphics intensive programs. It does not run G3, nor do a lot of other computers that meet your system requirements.

If I have to buy a new card to run your program, then your published system requirements are wrong and you need to change them.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:43 PM

Some people have obviously mastered the "Art" of griping, but when it comes times to help out..................Silence is golden.

Hey wait just a done gone minute there I paid $ 200 plus for this sim and I'm going to get my $500 worth out of it, if its the last thing I ever do!

Adlai
Old 01-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Rick Delten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider
Some people have obviously mastered the "Art" of griping, but when it comes times to help out..................Silence is golden.

Hey wait just a done gone minute there I paid $ 200 plus for this sim and I'm going to get my $500 worth out of it, if its the last thing I ever do!

Adlai
I wasn't much good at "griping" in the past but my experiences w/G3 have now gotten me on a professional level

Thanks got out to the good folks at KE & Greatplanes oh and lets not forget the "BetaTeam" myself included
Old 01-16-2005, 02:22 PM

Ah...you finally found your calling then?
I'll be sure to check out other RC disscussion board sites in the future to check out your work, once you apply it to the new sim you just got.

Adlai
Old 01-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Rick Delten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider
Ah...you finally found your calling then?
I'll be sure to check out other RC disscussion board sites in the future to check out your work, once you apply it to the new sim you just got.

Adlai
Some of my work on other forums can be found HERE I go by "peefiddyonfan" at all the other forums BTW
Old 01-16-2005, 02:45 PM

This is the last "waste" of my time I'm going to spend with you.
The key words are "IN THE FUTURE".
You had your round of nit picking with G3.
Have to give you some time to get into the "new RC sim" that you have now changed to so you can then start your nit picking on that sim. I'm almost positive that you'll be able to do it. Don't worry I have faith in you, you can do it!

Adlai

Last edited by Slider; 01-16-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:02 PM

Decided to bring this one up cause it was getting all dusty way back on the 11th page of this section.

Really pissed about G3? Post about it here?

Adlai....

Last edited by Slider; 05-04-2005 at 02:52 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: