Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:45 PM

Groinmod - Goblin 500 no longer exists

I'm hoping someone can help. I opened Realflight 7.5 today and my custom Gronimod Gablin 500 is no longer available. It now reads I "only have a Variant of the model and it cant load." Prior to this, I've been using this custom helicopter for about a month. And it's awesome.!

I went back to Gronimod.com to download the model again, but the site has been suspended.

Any ideas how to resolve this situation?

Also, does anyone have copies of the Gronimod Goblin Model Helicopters that were previously posted on their website..

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2016, 06:27 AM

There is not much you can do... wait for the site to return (or not) or ask here for someone to share. We cannot post his work on the swaps. This not right as it is his to determine whether or not to share. We have had these problems before.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:51 AM

Groni doesn't want his models shared on the Swap pages since he can't ask for donations for his models here. Since his page is shut down, you might try contacting him on Facebook. Look for Gronimod. Otherwise someone will have to send it to you. I might have it but I won't post any of his models on the forums or swap pages since Groni didn't want that.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:31 PM

His facebook page is really old and the links are to the suspended website. Maybe he has moved on and does not want the hassle of keeping these up todate. No matter what, the work belongs to him and he can do what ever he wants with it.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:02 PM

How could the file saved on your computer suddenly not exist in the first place. I'm sure the creator has no control over what happens to files on computer.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:37 PM

The SAB Goblin 500_AV is available on the swap pages. You will also need to download and import the SAB Goblin 700_EA. I hope that helps suffice for now. I just started flying helicopters two days ago after flying airplanes for 20+ years.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
The SAB Goblin 500_AV is available on the swap pages. You will also need to download and import the SAB Goblin 700_EA. I hope that helps suffice for now. I just started flying helicopters two days ago after flying airplanes for 20+ years.
The original Goblin for RealFlight. The 700 found here is the first Goblin for the sim. Dedicated to one of the regular forum members who passed away. It was his wish to have the Goblin in the sim.

It's also probably the reason Groni built his models. He didn't like or want the dedication on the model and wanted it removed.

Last edited by csgill75; 04-03-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: