Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 01-12-2019, 11:12 PM

Camera options/positions/views, will not work in photo fields (only 3D fields), not sure if that`s what you`re referring too though.??
Old 01-12-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Camera options/positions/views, will not work in photo fields (only 3D fields), not sure if that`s what you`re referring too though.??
I think you're right.
I've just updated RF8 so am getting some more of HH planes. And you're right, it seems 3D fields are missing !!! Any idea how I can get them back?

Cheers
Old 01-13-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude View Post
And you're right, it seems 3D fields are missing !!! Any idea how I can get them back?

Cheers
I think I`ve had that happen before, not quite sure????You might try going back to the flying fields menu, and see if you can expand it, I`m pretty sure this has happened to me once or twice, where my options for fields were gone (3D or photo fields, one or the other not sure ???) I don`t recall what I did to get them back, but, if my memory serves me well, all it took was one click somewhere on that menu.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:37 AM

Monday 13 January 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
I think I`ve had that happen before, not quite sure????You might try going back to the flying fields menu, and see if you can expand it, I`m pretty sure this has happened to me once or twice, where my options for fields were gone (3D or photo fields, one or the other not sure ???) I don`t recall what I did to get them back, but, if my memory serves me well, all it took was one click somewhere on that menu.

Hi guys,

Sunday, the 13 January turned out to be my LUCKY DAY

All is working and I got all my flying fields back !!! I've flown FPV with camera on the nose and HUD on BD's Spitfire and my Mustang -- all is good.

So what did I do? at the start of the RF8 there is a screen which shows tutorials, I clicked selecting flying fields tutorial and it showed me a list of fields and I found Castle 3D field .

I can now chill out. The Spit is a real pleasure in flying... very forgiving

Cheers

Last edited by CurrentDude; 01-13-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:40 AM

Great news .. glad you finally got it working. There are so many great models on the swap pages you don't want to miss out on them.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Great news .. glad you finally got it working. There are so many great models on the swap pages you don't want to miss out on them.
Hi BD,

Thanks for your help and encouragement. Much appreciated here.

I've two 57 inch electric Spitfire waiting to be flown .... so I'm getting some stick time while the weather is poor. I've also started flying FPV but unfortunately my spotter is not good in feeding correct info. Flying FPV in RF8 has given me that extra confidence I needed during and the first 20-30 seconds after taking-off. I now know where I was going wrong. I'm ready and rearing to go FPV as soon as weather get better.

I also think RF8 has earned its keep.

Cheers
Old 01-20-2019, 08:04 PM

Up-date
All is working now. I went in airport tutorial and bingo, all airports came back. So I can fly fpv and place a camera on the nose in a 3D airport such as Castle.

Cheers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: