Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-25-2015, 06:30 AM

What I don't like about the editor is when the editing "box" is across the bottom the lines feel a little bit spaced out. So okay lets make the editing box sit vertically (premade layout 2) I do that then close the editor and come back to see layout 1 (across the bottom).

I don't know may be I am just to picky and resistant to change. But an option for the Classic editor in the settings would be nice
Old 08-25-2015, 09:25 AM

Could we get back to that flight speed aspect for a moment....

Let's say that the actual aircraft flies at 200knots, and you are designing a 1/4 scale aircraft for Real Flight... you are saying the the model should fly at 50knotts?
Old 08-25-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What I don't like about the editor is when the editing "box" is across the bottom the lines feel a little bit spaced out. So okay lets make the editing box sit vertically (premade layout 2) I do that then close the editor and come back to see layout 1 (across the bottom).

I don't know may be I am just to picky and resistant to change. But an option for the Classic editor in the settings would be nice
Okay thanks. Yeah there's a few improvements I'd like to see too.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You do have that option now. You can still Edit in 7.0 and then go back to 7.5 and see where the changes are put. You can change between versions in under a minute. Kind of a cheat sheet. The main thing you have going, is, you already know HOW to edit, its just a matter of putting the round peg in the round hole. Each options comes with a explanation/limits window.
I just don't see RF going back to the older style editor. So now's the best time to to get acquainted. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 08-25-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
Could we get back to that flight speed aspect for a moment....

Let's say that the actual aircraft flies at 200knots, and you are designing a 1/4 scale aircraft for Real Flight... you are saying the the model should fly at 50knotts?
I take back the airspeed number I said. I looked up the top air speed it is 224 mph and the model flies level in the mid to low 60's which is slightly fast. I looked at weights for a similar real life aircraft fifth scale B-29 Seen here 339 inch wing span and a weight of 400 pounds with 4 100cc engines which weigh less than 10 lbs replaced with 4 400cc radials each weighing in at 20-ish lbs. Would put the weight target at 430-450 lbs. Which is where the condors at, I would say it would be hard to cut extra weight out, without composites, foam, fiberglass or carbonfiber.

Please keep in mind I fly with no springs in aileron and elevator, so trimming for me "harder".
Old 08-25-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
You do have that option now. You can still Edit in 7.0 and then go back to 7.5 and see where the changes are put. You can change between versions in under a minute. Kind of a cheat sheet. The main thing you have going, is, you already know HOW to edit, its just a matter of putting the round peg in the round hole. Each options comes with a explanation/limits window.
I just don't see RF going back to the older style editor. So now's the best time to to get acquainted. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

By the time RF8 happens. I hope to have my own Graphical User Interface programmed for editing at least .rfveichle files. Which means no more limits *evil grin*. I sort of know what limits can and can't break Real flight. negative lengths/weights for example can break Realflight.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:00 AM

I am not sure that I agree with dividing the actual aircraft's airspeed by the scale number. It is kind of like saying that gravity acts more strongly on larger objects.

Just does not pass the smell test to me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: