Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 01:39 AM

Well, my 2012 license went away with the wind, but I'm now running 2016. Just got it up and running tonight, and imported the Mustang to take a look around. There are some things I really want to change around so it feels more like my old setup did, and that is proving to be time consuming. I am also going to have to redo my render scene. Apparently the lighting or something has changed because things are way off from where they were in 12, but that's not a real pressing issue right now. That being said, maybe this weekend I'll get a chance to make some much needed changes and see if I can get it back into RF without too much headache.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot041.jpg (479.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-24-2015, 02:03 AM

Looking real nice Andy, as far as dealing with changes, well we`ve dealt with plenty of those with RF over the years, hope the transition goes good with the newer version of max...
Old 11-24-2015, 05:01 AM

How are you going to export it into Realflight without the 2012 version? I guess someone with a copy of 2012 could do it....
Old 11-24-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
Well, my 2012 license went away with the wind, but I'm now running 2016. Just got it up and running tonight, and imported the Mustang to take a look around. There are some things I really want to change around so it feels more like my old setup did, and that is proving to be time consuming. I am also going to have to redo my render scene. Apparently the lighting or something has changed because things are way off from where they were in 12, but that's not a real pressing issue right now. That being said, maybe this weekend I'll get a chance to make some much needed changes and see if I can get it back into RF without too much headache.
It's good to hear you got 2016 going and the changes don't sound too hard to deal with. I'm not sure how you plan to export but if needed I can do that for you.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:18 AM

I'll only do this model if I finish it. I've got too much time in it to just let it sit. And yeah, I've got a volunteer to export it for me.

UT, it's not that big of a difference, just little preference settings that I can't remember exactly how I made it do what it did.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
I'll only do this model if I finish it. I've got too much time in it to just let it sit. And yeah, I've got a volunteer to export it for me.

UT, it's not that big of a difference, just little preference settings that I can't remember exactly how I made it do what it did.
Okay good to hear.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
good to hear that Andy,you have to many hrs in this P-51D to let it go , and i know your free time is very limited , i'm looking forward to flying the finished version .
Old 11-28-2015, 01:35 AM

So I did a little work tonight on the mapping. I'm now pretty happy in that area, but I just need to map the pilot and seat now. Here's a new render. Note that the .tga has not been adjusted to the new location of a few parts, thus the bad paint job on the right wing and a few other spots.

I also worked on the retractable tail gear a little more. Now to get the materials adjusted to match the plane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg .a10.jpg (265.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg .a6.jpg (87.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-28-2015, 12:40 PM

your P-51D is coming along , that gear is looking really good too Andy

Last edited by doug schluter; 11-28-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:55 PM

Oh boy, very nice!
Old 11-29-2015, 11:21 AM

Staring down the belly of a beast.

This was almost a good render, but apparently when you render one object with motion blur, other objects get skewed as well. That, and the extremely polished tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg .a4.jpg (204.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-29-2015, 09:49 PM

those grear doors may trim the head not just the ears the way thats coming at you , looks good Andy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: