Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 9
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 11-09-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I have been here for many years, I don't think KE wants to tech support the software. The publisher has always done that. It would require a big change to the business relationship. Customers are a PITA most of the time. That is just the way it is. (those are my words not KE)
I wasn't thinking about any participation by KE...just a forum where users could try to help each other with technical issues if they are interested. But I see your point-perhaps the publisher should be the one to provide that.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:08 PM

Any question or discussion of RF9 is welcome in this forum. You just have to realize that the small number of people here does not lend to a lot of tech support. This is user to user forum, even though KE does pop in occasionally. If you want the company supported tech support, you need to call. I used to host a thread for frequently asked questions, but that got out of hand, so I no longer do it. Now, the same question keeps getting asked over and over. I don't respond to anything that is not interesting to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgibson View Post
I wasn't thinking about any participation by KE...just a forum where users could try to help each other with technical issues if they are interested. But I see your point-perhaps the publisher should be the one to provide that.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
Any question or discussion of RF9 is welcome in this forum. You just have to realize that the small number of people here does not lend to a lot of tech support. This is user to user forum, even though KE does pop in occasionally. If you want the company supported tech support, you need to call. I used to host a thread for frequently asked questions, but that got out of hand, so I no longer do it. Now, the same question keeps getting asked over and over. I don't respond to anything that is not interesting to me.
It's interesting because before joining and participating in this forum I had never really thought about the difference in tech support VS user forums. When I started this thread another user brought that to my attention. I have tried to stay in the user category since then.

I understand your frustration with the same questions repeatedly. This is a really good forum and it's been critical in helping me enjoy RF even more than I thought I would.

So from us newbies, thanks to you veterans for your help and patience!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: