Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Oh Boy... RF-X 2.0 in October, can't wait.
This time we're going to need RTX 2080 TI's to power it up!
Old 09-10-2018, 11:38 AM

I think this October it's just gonna be October with nothing new released. Especially after the business shake up.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I think this October it's just gonna be October with nothing new released. Especially after the business shake up.
Yep that sounds right to me too.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:55 PM

As I recall, Knife Edge early this year said some where in these fourms, regarding RF-X. After the 1.5 beta release, that we would not see much happening to RF-X until the end of the year at the very best, as they were putting their limited resources toward RF-8.

I believe there a still quite a few, perhaps significantly more that quite a few RF-X owners watching and waiting to see if Knife Edge will move forward with RF-X.

More powerful and cheaper computers and GPU's have come out since RF-x original release.

By this time Knife Edge should have had enough time to make some headway debugging and stream-lining their code. Adding much need features requested by the folks in these forums.

Perhaps even taking advantage of the features of the new hardware, i.e. multi-core processors, GPU's etc. also mentioned by several good folks in this forum.

I for one, have purchased various versions of RF three times in the last four years, and would be more that willing to shell out the cash for RF-X Version 2.

I just want to feel confident that KE has done their due diligents on their part, making RF-X a much more polished product, and not releasing before the product is really ready.

We have waited this long. A little longer is not a problem........at least for me.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQ6UU View Post

We have waited this long. A little longer is not a problem........at least for me.
I agree, especially if RF-X 2.0 is a major leap forward like version 1.0 to 1.5 was.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:57 PM

I just can not understand why Knife Edge can't just give us at least a loose pathway forward for development.

I bought RFX as a replacement to 7.5 as it was originally touted but ended up with a sub standard controller and 4/5th of what I liked about 7.5 being traded off against better graphics.

RF 8 is a very marginal upgrade at best maybe RF 7.6.

Please KE if RFX is a dead duck Ill go back to Reflex XTR now that has had development restarted.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:54 PM

Is this any way to treat an old friend???? NO!

I have been a customer of Knife Edge for over 15 years now. I do not feel like they have ever been dishonest with me. I don't have to keep upgrading, but I do.

I am sure the TowerHobby bankruptcy hurt KE a bit, but they are still here. I wish other RC companies were half as dependable.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellah1z View Post

Please KE if RFX is a dead duck Ill go back to Reflex XTR now that has had development restarted.
I tried Reflex XTR.

No proper Editor, and a abysmal 3D Field... it is reminiscent of very early versions of Realflight. Physics feel generic as all models feel pretty much the same. Sound is also terrible and I have not seen where you can import models??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reflex.jpg (300.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-18-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
I tried Reflex XTR.

No proper Editor, and a abysmal 3D Field... it is reminiscent of very early versions of Realflight. Physics feel generic as all models feel pretty much the same. Sound is also terrible and I have not seen where you can import models??
I only use the photofields but I find it an excellent heli sim but it has not progressed in 5 years due to some legal troubles but the original owner has it back and is working on updates!
Old 09-23-2018, 08:44 AM

RF-X 2.0, is this about a paid version?
This would be an outrage.
With the RF-X 1.0 we got an unfinished version. Beta 1.5 was a very small step forward.
From a good full-fledged flight simulator, the RF-X is still miles away.
A paid update would be out of the question for me, but my annoyance about RF-X is still too big.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochene View Post
RF-X 2.0, is this about a paid version?
This would be an outrage.
With the RF-X 1.0 we got an unfinished version. Beta 1.5 was a very small step forward.
From a good full-fledged flight simulator, the RF-X is still miles away.
A paid update would be out of the question for me, but my annoyance about RF-X is still too big.
I doubt there will be a RFX 2.0 anyway as KE have given no development timeline and it all seems to be a deadend especially with RF8 suddenly being brought to market.

I know they were probably knocked around by Tower Hobbies but it doesn't stop the owner of KE being open about it.

I could live with the 1/3 finished RFX and then the 1/2 finished 1.5 but not telling us what's happening is the last straw now for me.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:57 PM

KE has always been tight-lipped about development. It gives their competitors a head start on adding features. It is also better for the customers. Many times programmers intend to add a feature but run into problems and have to delay or eliminate. Fewer heartaches for all around.

This is just their SOP and like it or hate it, it is their philosophy.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
KE has always been tight-lipped about development. It gives their competitors a head start on adding features. It is also better for the customers. Many times programmers intend to add a feature but run into problems and have to delay or eliminate. Fewer heartaches for all around.

This is just their SOP and like it or hate it, it is their philosophy.
So, how do you think this benefits us RF-X users? Thanks for your insights.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:18 PM

I don’t have a clue how this benefits you. That is just the way it is. I have never received anything from KE, unlike others here.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I don’t have a clue how this benefits you. That is just the way it is. I have never received anything from KE, unlike others here.

Sorry but I do not have a clue what your meant, probably negative, lol!

Last edited by TomC; 09-26-2018 at 02:00 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: