Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:31 PM

I know that of the 13-14 years that I have known Jim Bourke and used Real Flight, he has been an honest businessman. He has done a lot for the RC sim business.

Give him a bit to reveal his plans for RF-X. At least wait for that RF-X announcement. I think that he made a business decision to recapture all the lesser powered computers with RF-8. I doubt very much he is throwing his investment in RF-X away.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 10-05-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdriver5150 View Post
Realflight you have to be kidding.

12oclock, you told us WHAT??? Oh, that a update is coming in the future, GENIUS!! Oh wait, it must have been the new release that you were NOT talking about, please show me your post about the upcoming Realflight 8 (Realflight 7.5 again). You told us nothing that we didn't already know. The funny part is, you were the one going on and on about how people (Geezers) with their ancient hardware need to realize that the future is here and cant expect Realflight keep releasing the same old with a couple tweaks. RF 8 is exactly that, basically them having no new ideas or should I say ideas that worked so they just fired up 7.5 again. Boy they are on top of it for sure.

As for Realflight they can shove the Realflight 8 right up their virtual backsides. Either fix the piece of garbage you gave to us from last year and stop whoring for more money with a retread of RF7. Shame on you. Better yet, as 12oclock says, if you are doing so well buy back or let us swap out all of this useless software that you bamboozled everyone into buying with fake system specs and horrific performance.

I cant wait for RF9 uhhh err I mean Realflight G5.
Well said. I just posted something in the Realflight 8 forum as well. I think this is absolute BS.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:10 AM

Could not agree more, posted on here a few months ago about no updates for RF X and got my butt handed to me for being a troll. I asked if RF X was dead, with no updates in a long time that was a reasonable question, I was not a troll and I may have been correct that RF X is dead.
LeeU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoverDude View Post
I feel very deceived by RFX and knife edge. Owned 7.5 and RFX was suppose to be the high tech replacement and the future of 7.5. In the end (and I have 2 copies of this simulator for my Wife and I), rfx had none of the features that made 7.5 fun.

Now Knife edge comes out with 8.0, a revamped 7.5 and it will work with vr googles. What about us that brought into RFX, why can't we get updates to use vr googles when RFX was suppose to be the new future and the best of knifedge simulators?

I think they have some balls to come out with 8.0 and provide no updates to us RFX users! RFX users should get a free update (or down grade, depends how you look at it). Do you really expect us that purchased RFX to shell out more money to get something that RFX was suppose to be!

If an update does not come out to allow us to use vr googles with RFX it will be the last time I purchase a knife edge product. And I will definitely go to every RC forum and state how us RFX users have been cheated!
Old 10-06-2017, 05:20 PM

If Ryan or Jim say something, it happens. That is one reason that they don't say much. Guys twist their words.

I really see this as two presents at the end of this year instead of one. Too bad the timing could not be better. Two releases at the same time is a lot to expect of any software company.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:07 PM

12oclockhigh,
First of June you called me a troll for asking if X was dead, no problem.. I'm not but with the release of RF8 now with no update on X since March do you see the frustration some of us have with KE, hope you are correct about a update after RF 8 releases in late October. They should have fixed X first but I know they are in business to make money and they already have my money. Maybe X will be fixed in November December, the bones are awesome but need work, but really 7 months with no update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
If Ryan or Jim say something, it happens. That is one reason that they don't say much. Guys twist their words.

I really see this as two presents at the end of this year instead of one. Too bad the timing could not be better. Two releases at the same time is a lot to expect of any software company.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:14 PM

Well then, if you are a troll, you stink at it... 71 posts in 15 years. You going to have to step up your game.

I too am waiting for the ball to drop, but I have faith in these guys. I have been with this sim for quite a while. I don't like seeing the pop shots taken at these guys. This is a small firm. I am sure they suffered from drop in sales. They are trying to do what they think best helps their customers and product.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 10-06-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:31 PM

Actually 12oclockhigh,
I read on hear a lot!!!! I just don't reply much because people like you have the answers most of us are looking for, I can't do that. But I will tell you this if I do post I'm crazy frustrated, hoping KE comes through for us but I'm like many on here, frustrated.

Quote:
Well then, if you are a troll, you stink at it... 71 posts in 15 years. You going to have to step up your game.

I too am waiting for the ball to drop, but I have faith in these guys. I have been with this sim for quite a while. I don't like seeing the pop shots taken at these guys. This is a small firm. I am sure they suffered from drop in sales. They are trying to do what they think best helps their customers and product.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:46 PM

I can tell you this... we have all been waiting for affordable virtual reality for a very long time. Year after year it seems to almost be there and then... poof. Graphics software is some pretty cool technology. We want it now and we don't want more disappointment. Oculus Rift was promised and promised. Even the main hardware players toiled and crashed in the VR desert. I hope we all are rewarded soon.

I am going to extend an apology for calling you a troll.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:15 PM

Lol,
No worries, I call my mini schnozer a little troll all the time she does not hold a grudge, so why should i.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:20 PM

Maybe the fact i have an oculus running on a screaming computer with a GTX1080G is making me impatient.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:09 PM

I have had every copy of RealFlight since G2 but with such a pathetic beta program being released last year and now the NEW SUPER IMPROVED Realflight 7.75 I say let the pot shots fly.

They need to take care of business the right way and what they are doing is really pissing off a loyal base of customers. Instead of addressing the multitude of issues with RFX they pulled everyone off the train wreck and focused the attention on RF 7.75 so they wouldn't throw off their schedule (money grab).

Its actually quite genius, make a horse$!@* program and get everyone to the point of desperation that they will line up to buy 4 year old software and the icing on the cake (the selling points of 7.75) are the BRAND NEW helicopter blade sounds which it should have had, lets say since G5 forward and now the drones being bundled in, WOW WEEEEE!! My god I cannot contain my excitement especially over such an incredible marketing scam. Other than the virtual stuff its the same old fields, aircraft and so on.

I will guarantee you there are a bunch of programmers sitting around somewhere within KnifeEdge with arms crossed nodding their heads thinking...GOTCHYAAAA!!! Coming next year, 7.75 remastered with more stunning sound files and the ability to now use your smartphone as the controller with the optional 49.99 RF dongle.

Last edited by viperdriver5150; 10-06-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I know that of the 13-14 years that I have known Jim Bourke and used Real Flight, he has been an honest businessman. He has done a lot for the RC sim business.

Give him a bit to reveal his plans for RF-X. At least wait for that RF-X announcement. I think that he made a business decision to recapture all the lesser powered computers with RF-8. I doubt very much he is throwing his investment in RF-X away.
why are you passing out False Information? Jim Bourke did Not correct the system requirements Mistake! This is Not being honest!!!

PLUS.... RF-8 is out now to make a Profit because very few local hobby shops would stock RF-X, etc...........

Jim Bourke needs to update the system requirements but will not in fear of a class action suite, etc....
Old 10-10-2017, 04:19 PM

I guess I'll chime in here on the RF-X discussion. I'm one of the guys that made lots of noise about RF-X so I'm not going to say it doesn't have problems that needs to be fixed, but I will say I think KnifeEdge did the right thing by releasing RF-8. The system requirements for RF-X is too high for the majority of RCers so bringing out a follow on to RF 7.5 is a good move and I support them for doing it. I'm sure they knew they'd get some heat for releasing RF-8 but they also knew it was the right thing to do so I can't fault them for doing it. I'm one of the two developers left creating custom content so RF-8 is a breath of fresh air to me, the increased triangle count and new import method is an extremely welcome change that has been needed for a long time, so besides the Virtual stuff they helped what many think is the best feature of RF 7.5, the ability to create custom content. So we should be praising them not beating them up.

When Ryan first announced RF-8 he mentioned in the announcement that there was an update for RF-X coming on the heels of the RF-8 release, and being a retired software developer they probably are still finishing up what they're doing with RF-X so the RF-8 release might not have slowed them down for the RF-X update. So I'd say give them a little time and see what the RF-X update brings with it.

If you want something new to try and still have RF 7.5 installed go grab the latest beta I uploaded of the plane I'm working on, a sport scale version of the Royal Aircraft Factory SE5a.. sorry it doesn't support RF-X since it doesn't have a collision mesh yet, but the released version will. Just trying to give you something to play with.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...4&postcount=10

Oh. If you try the beta it just has some baked on colors from 3ds max it will have a full color scheme when released.

Last edited by technoid; 10-10-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobma View Post
why are you passing out False Information? Jim Bourke did Not correct the system requirements Mistake! This is Not being honest!!!

PLUS.... RF-8 is out now to make a Profit because very few local hobby shops would stock RF-X, etc...........

Jim Bourke needs to update the system requirements but will not in fear of a class action suite, etc....
RF-X runs about the same on a min spec machine as previous RF's on a min spec machine. They will have all settings on low/lowest setting execpt physics and might get 20-30 fps on a small monitor.

RF7.5 Will not run at 4k60 with the optimum specs machine as printed on the box. and neither will RF-X only difference is X requires a good card to get good graphics. Previous version of rf will now a days run on a "potato" of a computer and X won't

So quit crying and face the fact the RF-X is not Real Flight 10 it is Real Flight eXperimental. the tried releasing a Cutting Edge simulator. It did not sell well so I don't blame them for going back to their bread and butter baby.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:17 PM

You don't even deserve a response. KE has done nothing wrong. Nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobma View Post

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: