Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helimad View Post
But the idea really is to be able to use your own radio that you fly your own model with and it seams that KE and RF have clearly missed the mark and not properly informing people of this problem and it's not until after they have purchased it and found out for themselves at a considerable cost only then have to pay out more money for the full pack with the interlink elite.

Bad business practise IMHO.
It is not a "problem".

Nor has KE ever "missed the mark".

Nor is it a "bad business practice".

Realflight has ALWAYS favored the Interlink. The Interlink provides more functions and buttons than any transmitter hooked up to Realflight.

But people have been demanding that Realflight work with their transmitters in spite of the fact that using the Interlink is a better option. Knifeedge/Hobbico gave customers what they wanted with the interface version.

Knifeedge came up with a great solution, to provide a separate interface for those who insist on doing so. In turn that Interface works pretty well, but it does NOT provide all of the functionality of the Interlink.

The reason for that is your TX cannot do what the Interlink can vis-a-vis communicating with a PC via USB.

Even the Tactic version does not provide all of the buttons, e.g. Menu, Reset, Selection, etc... because of the above.

So as Knifeedge has said and as everyone else who has been at it for a while will tell you, YOU ARE better off with the Interlink and it saves wear and tear on your TX.

But if you choose the Interface version, you should be aware of the differences.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoKnight View Post
So is the TTX650 a completely incompatible Transmitter for RF7 due to the lack of a way to connect to the interface?
Yes that is a limitation of the TTX650.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunahm View Post
Now it was said that Im not going to get the full function using this method VS buying the Tactic version......
Incorrect, the Tactic version also will not provide all of the functionality of the Interlink.

The Interlink version provides the best "experience" and most flexibility.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Banned

Well Excuse me Opjose!! But who woke up and made you God of all!! and it is bad business practice if a company does not disclose problems and information to the customers about the product they are purchasing. Anyone knows that.

The main Idea of a sim is to be realistic and you should be able to connect the TX that you fly with to the sim as all sims do, what ever TX it is that you are using so if it is not compatible with all TX's then they have missed the mark as it should have been a wireless unit and not a cable one as we have for other sims and for after market products as well.

Also it is not a limitation of the TTX650 but a limitation of the interface for not being compatible with all tx's which would not be an issue if it was wireless.

Sorry Opjose but you are wrong, not to mention rude and intimidating and you need to be brought down off your high pedestal and and given a reprimand by the Mods as you overstep the mark all the time.
Get a life and get over yourself.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:23 AM

opjose is just a messenger, unpaid at that, you will not find a more helpful individual. If he says something you don't want to hear, maybe you don't want to hear the truth from anyone. If the product is misrepresented, then you need to take it up with Great Planes and Hobbico, not opjose.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:24 AM

Just so there is no confusion, and to provide some additional information. The Tactic TTX600 transmitter that comes with the Tactic version of RF7 has been specially modified to include a port that allows it to use the included Interface. This cannot be used as a trainer port. It's wireless trainer system is still active however. Currently, none of the other Tactic transmitters will work with RealFlight as they use a wireless trainer system.

No RC sim works with every transmitter on the market (unless an aftermarket product is used). However, RealFlight works with the vast majority of them.

RealFlight is now available in three main configurations in an effort to give the market choices to suit each user, and provide them options for way they wish to control RealFlight.

RealFlight with the InterLink Elite is the most versatile version as it features an 8 channel controller, by Futaba that is modeled after the popular Futaba 6EX transmitter. It also has the Quick Select controls built into it, making it able to handle the majority of RealFlight menu selections without using a keyboard or mouse. It also has a built-in transmitter interface. This allows the user to use his/her own transmitter with RealFlight, and also fly in Multi-mode (split screen).

RealFlight with the Tactic TTX600 is a very cool option especially for the beginner. It gives the user a high quality 6 channel controller for use with RealFlight, it also comes with the Transmitter Interface so other transmitters may also be used. Of course the TTX600 is also a great transmitter that will fly any aircraft equipped with Tactic SLT receivers. This includes all of the very popular Tx-R aircraft by Flyzone, Heli-Max and others.

If you already have a transmitter and are not worried about the extra features provided by the InterLink Elite controller, the Transmitter Interface version may be the way you want to go. The Interface even includes the Reset/Rewind button.

Of course, the software is the same in each package.

I hope this helps a bit. We do our best to put out a lot of information about RealFlight on the web site. www.realflight.com Each version is carefully explained there as well.

Steve
Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
It is bad business practice if a company does not disclose problems and information to the customers about the product they are purchasing. Anyone knows that.
No one failed to disclose any "Problem". Maybe you did not do your research?

Don't try to pass that you missed all of this onto others.

Quote:

The main Idea of a sim is to be realistic and you should be able to connect the TX that you fly with to the sim as all sims do, what ever TX it is that you are using so if it is not compatible with all TX's then they have missed the mark as it should have been a wireless unit and not a cable one as we have for other sims and for after market products as well.
Name one sim that works with ALL commercial transmitters... eh you can't.

BTW: I have them -ALL- so unlike some people's speculative comments mine are based upon actual experience.

No one "missed the mark". RF7 does a great job working with the MAJORITY of transmitters and does so far better than ALL of the other sims right out of the box. Another sim has more extensive configuration options than RF7, but setting it up is rather tedious, nor does it work with in a wireless manner.

You are complaining about one specific transmitter which is DESIGNED not to accept standard trainer ports, etc.

Quote:

Also it is not a limitation of the TTX650 but a limitation of the interface for not being compatible with all tx's which would not be an issue if it was wireless.
BRRRP... - WRONG -

The TTX 650 ONLY works with it's own receivers.

That is clearly stated in the documentation.

If the interface was wireless it would not work with my Spektrum, JR, Hitec & Airtronic's radios. At best it would be limited to the Futaba or SLT protocols.

Cross brand receivers do not work with each other BY DESIGN. Anyone using 2.4gHz runs into that from the start.

Quote:

Sorry Opjose but you are wrong
Nope. I'm stating fact.

Venting frustration by making specious remarks will not change matters no matter how hard you try.

Sorry to hear that you purchased the wrong TX for what you intended but that was not Knifeedge's fault.

Last edited by opjose; 11-14-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
opjose is just a messenger, unpaid at that, you will not find a more helpful individual. If he says something you don't want to hear, maybe you don't want to hear the truth from anyone. If the product is misrepresented, then you need to take it up with Great Planes and Hobbico, not opjose.
Yep same as usual lets all stick up for Opjose!

I am done with this forum as I have been for many years that's why I only came here for content as reading posts just like this over the years deterred me from joining, and mods not reprimanding long standing members for flaming new members.
I only joined as I had a question to ask about RF7 so this forum has not and will not change so bye until I have yet another question I need to ask.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:43 PM

Making a mistake and having someone point out your error does not constitute flaming.

You made several malicious accusations and errors and seem unable to take responses to the contrary.

Last edited by opjose; 11-14-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:18 PM

Geees, I just tried to point out that your problem is with the company, not opjose. I even felt sorry for you, but I don't always buy the right thing that works... remember Betamax? I could kick myself for buying that one, but it was me and not seeing the forest. I refused to buy HD DVD player until the market winner emerged.

I really think that of all the regulars I have known over the years here, Jose has provided the best advice in a positive manner. Sometimes, that will end us costing you something. If you have to buy another radio, I don't see how that is Jose's fault. Take it up with Hobico they knew what they planned to do and they sold you an incompatible product.

As many of us have always said, the Interlink Elite is really a pretty good controller for the simulator and I do not use anything else except to test a radio and provide setup instructions for others. Why wear out your perfectly good transmitter while the interlink is laying right there? I understand "feel" and just don't think it takes much adjustment to fly any radio. I happen to have four radios at the moment. I can pick up any one and fly with it and they are not the same.

I only wish they would come out with a pro model Interlink and give us more channels of control... 18 since that seems to be the current competitive point. There is a lot we could do with 10 more channels.

Keep in mind... everything in the forum is user to user. If you have a complaint, maybe you should take it up directly with the company.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Helimad was a previously banned user who returned with a new account.

Steve Kaluf's post above contains some good details about this stuff for anyone who is confused by Tactic radio support.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:58 PM

Well.... I'm sorry seems like I stirred the pot with my concerns on RF7 My apologies I didn't mean to .........
Old 11-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Administrator

I don't think you posted anything wrong.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:44 PM

Helimad,

The first release of any new product has some problems. Most adults know that and give some time for the bugs to be worked out. Sometimes it takes months to get things running right.

Listen to opjose and Ryan Douglas, they both have been around since the beginning!

I have had other software and nothing compares to RealFlight, they are always working to improve the software and add new items to the product.

I have been building and flying full scale aircraft since 1961, and RealFlight 1 thru-7.

The problems always get fixed!
jbull
Old 11-14-2013, 09:09 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbull View Post
Helimad,

The first release of any new product has some problems. Most adults know that and give some time for the bugs to be worked out. Sometimes it takes months to get things running right.

Listen to opjose and Ryan Douglas, they both have been around since the beginning!

I have had other software and nothing compares to RealFlight, they are always working to improve the software and add new items to the product.

I have been building and flying full scale aircraft since 1961, and RealFlight 1 thru-7.

The problems always get fixed!
jbull
Agreed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: