Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3.5 > Custom Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 10-27-2006, 01:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to trumpetguy27 Send a message via Yahoo to trumpetguy27
Hangar 9 Ultimate for 3.5

Hey Everybody,

This is my first edit to be posted for 3.5. I have been editing for G3 forever and used to have a bunch of my planes on Rick Deltens site when he still had it. I think I have fixed a lot of the problems with 3.5 and physics (like the lack of rudder/ elevator effectiveness). It even snaps reasonably well most of the time.

For those of you who are doing yor own editing and having problems with the rudder/ elevator effectiveness you need to increase your prop wash in the engine section of the editor. (you must have "show advanced..." selectected to see this option.

Anyway let me know what you all think of it and feel free to ask any questions about "how to".

I'm gonna start work on a few others now but not gonna get TOO crazy until we have a final version of 3.5 and see how the snap problem works out and stuff.

Thanks!
Scott
Attached Files
File Type: g3x Ultimate Biplane-H9 35_AV.G3X (49.1 KB, 3298 views)
Old 11-07-2006, 06:31 PM

awesome flying plane, the only edit of the ultimate that I really like, great job
Old 11-07-2006, 07:17 PM

just to let u know, the only plane i fly is the h9 ultiamte and the dominion.

good job.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:42 PM

Thumbs up Mine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetguy27
Hey Everybody,

This is my first edit to be posted for 3.5. I have been editing for G3 forever and used to have a bunch of my planes on Rick Deltens site when he still had it. I think I have fixed a lot of the problems with 3.5 and physics (like the lack of rudder/ elevator effectiveness). It even snaps reasonably well most of the time.

For those of you who are doing yor own editing and having problems with the rudder/ elevator effectiveness you need to increase your prop wash in the engine section of the editor. (you must have "show advanced..." selectected to see this option.

Anyway let me know what you all think of it and feel free to ask any questions about "how to".

I'm gonna start work on a few others now but not gonna get TOO crazy until we have a final version of 3.5 and see how the snap problem works out and stuff.

Thanks!
Scott
Makes me want to go right out and buy an H9, trumpetguy27 ... great job. Today is a good day. This is the 2nd download today with designs that work wonderfully (glitch-free) in 3.5. YEAY!

By the way ... rudder and elevator effectiveness are just fine (considering the fact I haven't flown an Ultimate H9 ... yet!). What adjustments do you recommend? I'll try anything.

Thanks so much. More when you have time and the urge, please?
Old 11-08-2006, 12:36 AM

Not that I'm knocking the model... the rudder and elevator are TOO effective compared to the real things.

This plane can have the prop wash set to 100% (as they all should as this is not a good workaround...) and it will torque roll and hover just fine.

The problem with tail authority is inversely proportional to the size of the plane.

Small plane = big problem
Big plane = small problem

So with the prop wash (and engine btw) set to 100% it is still a bit TOO stable in hover compared to the real things... which I fly all the time.

The snap roll issue doesn't have anything to do with the prop wash setting here, again because of the size of the plane.

There are other minor snap roll issues in 3.5 (too much inertia) but the plane flies just fine w/o the high settings.

Last edited by opjose; 11-08-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:05 AM

Last edited by Ryan C. Archer; 11-15-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to trumpetguy27 Send a message via Yahoo to trumpetguy27
Ryan:

Ryan,

Before you get all upset please READ what I wrote. The variants I did were on Ricks OLD site... rickdelten.com... NOT Rick and Nemos site. If you have any doubts about this please feel free to ask Rick. He had my Ultimate as well as about 5 or 6 others posted. He even did a colorscheme for me to look like my real Carden 35% Cap and posted it for everyone.

I would not ever try and take credit for someone elses work. I always give credit to those who deserve it.

Scott

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: