Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 06-28-2019, 01:06 AM

Yes sir that's the picture. But Clint Eastwood didn't say it his platoon leader did. (Lt. Ring)
Old 06-28-2019, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Yes sir that's the picture. But Clint Eastwood didn't say it his platoon leader did. (Lt. Ring)
I recall the line and the movie, that was my limit, was`nt sure who said the line though. I believe Clint directed it. ?? If so, he should have given himself that line IMHO, just sounds like something he`d say. thus, I went with Clint, a shot in the dark,
Old 06-28-2019, 08:31 PM

Just saw a You Tube advert, Big Budget remake of Midway coming out in November....

NO! Keep your hands off My Midway Memories!

Looks like a horridly overdone CGI spectacle ala "Pearl Harbor", starts at Dec 7, shows the Doolittle Raid, then on to Midway...the teaser clip of the 10:20 Divebomb Run (Wade McCluskeys group) is as chaotic as something from Star Wars....Fighting Zeros and dodging Fireballs on the way down...

And what "men" does Hollywood have today who can compete with Charlton Freaking Heston, and Henry Fonda...

Sacrilege on so many levels...(but I cant wait to see it!)
Old 06-28-2019, 09:02 PM

While I enjoy watching the original movie from an historical point of view, their were a lot of things I didn`t like about the flick. I won`t go on about that, BUT, I will say, it will be nice see a movie that (hopefully) does the battle justice, it was a major turning point in the Pacific theater. The original was OK, BUT, it was made in a time without the tech. that we have today, SO, I`m expecting something a lot better,...... hopefully they don`t waste an hour and a half on some ridiculous love relationship , like in "Pearl Harbor", They could have done better than that.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:34 PM

Well, they gotta throw a love story in...
Even in the old one, remember Hestons kid?
In love with the Japanese American Girl?

"you better stop crying over her or some hot-shot Jap pilot is gonna flame your ass!"

But in the end, it will be horrible... just like "Pear Harbor"was...way too much CGI, impossible physics, and "ace in a minute" action with planes EVERYWHERE blown to bits...not to mention whatever PC "woke" nonsense that has to beat you over the head..
Old 06-29-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Guzzi View Post
Well, they gotta throw a love story in...
Even in the old one, remember Hestons kid?
In love with the Japanese American Girl?

"you better stop crying over her or some hot-shot Jap pilot is gonna flame your ass!"

But in the end, it will be horrible... just like "Pear Harbor"was...way too much CGI, impossible physics, and "ace in a minute" action with planes EVERYWHERE blown to bits...not to mention whatever PC "woke" nonsense that has to beat you over the head..
Yeah I had to go find the trailer and that's about what it looks like, too bad a good Midway remake would be great. Ha.. But I'll watch it anyway.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:10 PM

Yeah, I understand Hollywood/movies/love stories & all that crud, BUT, "Midway" kept the love story "somewhat" of a side note, whereas "Pearl Harbor" made it HALF the movie, a lot like "Titanic"....Took forever to get too the actual "event" that those movies were titled after. It`s OK if they do that love story injection, BUT they should keep it a little more subdued, after all, those movies were "suppose" to be about "historical events" which they ultimately got too, just should not have taken SO LONG UGH !!
Old 06-29-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Yeah, I understand Hollywood/movies/love stories & all that crud, BUT, "Midway" kept the love story "somewhat" of a side note, whereas "Pearl Harbor" made it HALF the movie, a lot like "Titanic"....Took forever to get too the actual "event" that those movies were titled after. It`s OK if they do that love story injection, BUT they should keep it a little more subdued, after all, those movies were "suppose" to be about "historical events" which they ultimately got too, just should not have taken SO LONG UGH !!
As old as you are 'love making' probably is an 'historical event'.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:28 AM

OUCH Tech. !!!!!!!. that`s pretty harsh and SO NOT true, You remind me of my wife "TRYING" to be funny. AND we`re/I`m not talking about "love making" in a movie, BUT about "a love story" in a movie that I personally believe shouldn`t be there, BUT it is Hollywood, SO, I get it. Take Tora! Tora! Tora! for example, That was a better movie than "Pearl Harbor" IMHO, simply because they tried to stick to the theme of what the movie was about, the "attack on pearl harbor", AND, what led up to it, Whereas, "Pearl Harbor" was just about a "LOVE STORY" as much, maybe more so than the actual attack, However,I will give them extra credit for including the Doolittle Raid in the movie, even though the "love story" was still injected into that part of the flick.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
OUCH Tech. !!!!!!!. that`s pretty harsh and SO NOT true, You remind me of my wife "TRYING" to be funny.
OPPs.. SORRY !!! It was just the standard old mans joke (not meant to be true in any way)
Old 06-30-2019, 11:36 AM

I enjoyed the "Pearl Harbor" movie until I heard complaints from some of the old farts about having someone portrayed as being in love in the movie. Relationships are part of the war. It broadens the appeal to women who will not go to see a movie with just blood and guts from beginning to end.

Others complain about the massive amounts of CG used. This movie would be impossible to create without CG. The planes and ships are simply unavailable. Howard Hughes is not here to shoot the movie over and over without and with clouds.

Some people will complain about being hung with a new rope.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I enjoyed the "Pearl Harbor" movie until I heard complaints from some of the old farts about having someone portrayed as being in love in the movie. Relationships are part of the war. It broadens the appeal to women who will not go to see a movie with just blood and guts from beginning to end.

Others complain about the massive amounts of CG used. This movie would be impossible to create without CG. The planes and ships are simply unavailable. Howard Hughes is not here to shoot the movie over and over without and with clouds.

Some people will complain about being hung with a new rope.
I don't like new ropes they're scratchy.

But speaking of the CG in Pearl Harbor the attack scene was awesome it was like watching it happen, angering but with the feeling of being there. Now the romance part was okay it was just too much, tone it down some and it would have been perfect.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
OPPs.. SORRY !!! It was just the standard old mans joke (not meant to be true in any way)
Yeah, I figured that, As Dundee said "No worries mate", BUT, you should have....in some way, blamed my wife....
Old 06-30-2019, 08:12 PM

We all know we give our wives get the best 90 seconds of their life, like , twice a year at least, right?...

Were all ACES here, man...ACES!

CGI is fine, just use it responsibly...to enhance the story, to depict things that you dont have available (Like a Squadron of SBD's), and create realism...I just cant stand it when Impossible Physics and over the top "Combat Chaos" pollute a movie thats SUPPOSED TO BE depicting real historical event...

The worst Aviation film recently was one of the Tuskegee Airmen stories...there were a couple, cant remember which one I saw but I was so sick I walked out of the theater....a complete injustice to these guys....to a man brilliant, educated, stone cold professionals any one of them could have gone on to Skunkworks or NASA...and they were "Hip-Hopped" into caricatures, the whole thing was so dumbed-down and demeaning, I was ashamed for them.

Could have (should have) been told like Apollo 13...but I guess the Talent Pool for good screenplays is really low anymore

WW2 is really getting the Shaft now that the New Generation has discovered it...Red Tails..Code Talkers...Tank....just garbage

Bridge on the River Kwi, The Longest Day, Bridge Too Far, they aint

Last edited by Moto-Guzzi; 06-30-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: