Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-20-2016, 10:16 PM

4k Support

I just received RF 7.5 and loaded it on my Dell laptop. My laptop has a 15" 4k screen. The video plays but the menus are very small and almost impossible to read. The map of a race coarse is hard to decipher as well. Are there any settings to make these devices easier to read? I have found one menu (the one with the frame rate), I could make that window either large or small. Even in large form, the text is too small. I suspect that this is due to my 4k monitor. Will there be any further adjustability to make these menus and maps larger? That would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:21 PM

It's a directx 9c application, it doesn't work well at resolutions that high. I also have 4k display and I fly windowed mode at 1920x1080. You could adjust your windows font dpi to a larger size and that may help in the drop down menus at the top of page. Unfortunately this is about all the adjustments we have to work with. Hopefully wh the next version of RealFlight is released, directx 9 will be history.

Last edited by csgill75; 05-20-2016 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:20 PM

THx. That worked well. I am using a resolution that is around 2k and it seems to be a good blend for my monitor.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: