Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-20-2016, 10:29 PM

Frame Rate slow and not using my

It seems that my laptop is only generating about 35fps even on low graphics quality. I suspect that the RF7.5 is not leveraging my video processor. My GPU is GForce GTX 960M. When I go into settings in RF, I see the hardware is Intel HD Graphics 530. Under my GTX settings, I have the GTX as my PhysX processor. Any recommended settings for leveraging my video card better?

Frame rate just as slow in full screen mode.

It would be nice to run in HD mode on my 4k system without the screen shrinking to 1/4 of the area. Would be nice if it rescales to utilize the monitor space that I have. Is this possible?
Old 05-24-2016, 04:17 PM

The slow FPS is likely to be occurring due to Realflight running on the Intel HD Graphics instead of the GPU.

To make it run ONLY on the GPU you will have to:

- Go into the Nvidia control panel, add the Realflight Executable, and change the configuration so that Realflight runs on the GPU exclusively.

- Set Realflight to run in FULL SCREEN ( not Windowed! ) mode.

- Run the program in FULL SCREEN mode.

The latter is not obvious... while you may have Realflight set to run in full screen mode, once it comes up you may be flipping it back into Windowed mode.

To get maximum FPS Realflight must have it's own dedicated frame buffer.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:13 AM

I went into the nvidia console and directed RF to use the GTX 960m Hardware. That got me to the next problem. The program started with a grey screen but I could hear sound after hitting ESC. After hitting random keys, the video started working but not in full screen mode. I set the resolution to 2560x1600 32 bit color. When the laptop is plugged in I get 90-125 fps unless I have the smoke on. FPS goes way down if there is alot of smoke in the picture. Must be a complex calculation. When I try to alt+enter for full screen, I get a menu bar and nothing else. I eventually found that I cannot get full screen in 32bit color mode. I can get into full screen at 2560x1600 at 16 bit color just fine. My laptop supports 32bit color. Not sure why this is an issue. In 16 bit color, in full screen, I get around 170fps. None of the resolutions work in 32 bit color mode in full screen. All of the 16 bit color resolutions work though.

I have opened a ticket with GP software to see what they have to say.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:43 PM

2560x1600 is not a "standard" resolution.

DX9 has a very hard time rendering full screen in non-standard resolutions. It was written long before we started into 2K and 4K screens.

Set your native screen size down to 1920x1080 and try again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: