Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-25-2016, 09:17 PM

Red face Flight Recorder videos help

I have been playing with recording my flights as I use RF to "learn to fly" and find it's an invaluable help to go back and see my mistakes as well as my victories! I have a question I hope someone can/will help with though. My brother has been flying for years and I'd like to show him how I'm doing. Can RF recordings be viewed any other way than from inside RF? Can they be converted to standard type videos that I can send to someone who doesn't have RF so they can watch them? Appreciate any and all help!
Old 05-25-2016, 09:47 PM

You will need to use recording software like Fraps. It will record what you have on the screen to a file that you can edit and upload to YouTube or send directly. There's other software out there but this is the one that comes to mind and I've used it for the same thing you're trying to do.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:22 PM

I haven't used Fraps in a while, and if it hasn't changed it only produces an AVI file which is uncompressed and quite large even for just a minute or two of video.

To share it you'll want use some video editing software to optionally edit the AVI and then save in a compressed format such as .MP4 or something. The free Windows Movie Maker works fine.

--"There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't."

Last edited by theluthier; 05-26-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:54 PM

How to make a video of RealFlight 7.5 with Windows 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1rOGcWnW4
Old 05-26-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluthier View Post
I haven't used Fraps in a while, and if it hasn't changed it only produces an AVI file which is uncompressed and quite large even for just a minute or two of video.

To share it you'll want use some video editing software to optionally edit the AVI and then save in a compressed format such as .MP4 or something. The free Windows Movie Maker works fine.
I haven't used it in a couple years but I know it used to work. I used windows movie maker to convert the AVI file to something that would be uploaded to YouTube. I haven't messed with it though for years.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:38 PM

There is a very nice freeware program out there for converting video file formats called Any Video Converter. It has many pre-configured choices for phones and tablets as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: