Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 9 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 10-19-2019, 12:07 PM

Somethin' Special

Remember this plane? We'll I'm finally doing the 1x1 mapping so I can release it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Somethin' Special 01.jpg (110.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-19-2019, 12:45 PM

I remember. Still have the beta loaded although I'm not a 3D plane guy.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Remember this plane? We'll I'm finally doing the 1x1 mapping so I can release it.
Still have one of these planes - running a 40 glow engine. Haven't flown it this year tough.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:06 PM

Remember the Float version you did of this ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1571522695.jpg (141.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-19-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Remember the Float version you did of this ?
Yep I'll be doing the float version too. But they are separate files so I'll need to move the finished land version to the float plane folder and then save off the floats and import them to the land version that's been 1x1 mapped, so it's a bit of work but I'll do it too.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:16 PM

Well the 1x1 mapping is finished things moved around a bit so I'll need to update the color scheme and spec map with the finished 1x1 template but nothing moved so much it wouldn't work with the existing color scheme. But there are some parts that are very close to the edge so I need to update the CS files to the final mapping. Here's a shot of the stripes I put on to do the 1x1 mapping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Somethin' Special 02.jpg (102.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 10-20-2019, 02:20 PM

Looking real nice, still have the beta, looking forward for your EA!
Old 10-21-2019, 01:13 PM

Ha.. I created this build thread in the wrong forum, realflight9 instead of realflight9 - designer's corner, maybe a moderator will move it for me.

But what I came to say is this plane was called Junker in the beginning until I ended up reworking it to look like the SIG Something' Extra but scaled up 2X. So this morning I did two things I renamed the build to Somethin' Special and moved the build to RealFlight9. I just finished a new build after those changes and checked it out in RealFlight9 and everything looks fine. So now it should be ready for release after I fly it a bit more and make sure I didn't mess something up while I did those changes. After the release I plan to get the float version ready for release too but I'm not sure how long it will be between releases.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:47 PM

So I can do 3D with a plane now ? I never could before Can't hover one for crap either but a heli is no problem.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
sounds really good technoid , that plane is one of my favorite ones i flew for many years on wheels and floats looking forward to having both in the sim
Old 10-21-2019, 07:47 PM

Great to see Somethin" Special nearing completion and getting ready for the swap pages, this a real fun model to fly, very aerobatic ! Excellent work Technoid.
My favourite has to be the float plane version, easily the best model for the choppy waters of RF-X.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj5547 View Post
Great to see Somethin" Special nearing completion and getting ready for the swap pages, this a real fun model to fly, very aerobatic ! Excellent work Technoid.
My favourite has to be the float plane version, easily the best model for the choppy waters of RF-X.
Thanks.. I'll work on the Float version once I get the Land version completed.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:56 PM

I've been a bit slow working on Somethin' Special but I've been busy with some real life stuff. This morning I went back and did the tweaks needed in the CS TGA file to match the final mapping so all that's left is to do the same thing to the SPEC MAP TGA and it's easier because there isn't a bunch of layers to do like the CS TGA has. So if things go right this weekend will be release for the Land version then I'll work on the Float version and release it too.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:58 PM

Well I finished updating the SPEC MAP for the final mapping so all that's left is a couple of tweaks I want to do in the physics so it should be released this weekend. Not that everyone here doesn't have the last beta anyway, not much has changed but a little.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Well I finished updating the SPEC MAP for the final mapping so all that's left is a couple of tweaks I want to do in the physics so it should be released this weekend. Not that everyone here doesn't have the last beta anyway, not much has changed but a little.
Sounds great, I will be monitoring the swaps for the Somethin' Special release , can't wait for the download.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: