Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Our publisher has confirmed that the 7.5 Upgrade is discontinued. As I understand it, they plan to continue selling the full 7.5 package for the foreseeable future.

Online updates are still available for older versions of our products going all the way back to RealFlight G3. Multiplayer is still supported all the way back to G4.5. Last I heard, product support would still make an attempt to help users with very old versions of the software even though they are officially discontinued.

I understand why some don't like to see the upgrade option end. I just want to point out that even when a product is discontinued--which 7.5 itself is not--that doesn't mean the product just goes away.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
Maybe KE should first fix the FBX import for RF-X, as of right now it neither imports smoothing groups nor textures.
Can you please post in the RF-X Designer's Corner and provide more details? I am not aware of any issues that sound like what you're describing.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:14 PM

"which 7.5 itself is not"

Boy that is sure a meaty morsel to chew on for a while.... now you just be havn fun wid us.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stuntz View Post
I disagree. 7.5 upgrade could be PURE PROFIT. It's already paid back its development costs. They could sell a downloadable 7.5 upgrade with essentialy NO cost to KE. .
All the money goes to the same company so 7.5 upgrade or RF X software only are both "pure profit". They don't make the discs or sell the upgrade codes anymore so I am sure they had a meeting and came up with a reason. The fact that they still offer the full version of 7.5 should tell you they just don't want a $50 option out in the market. I guess they figure those who want to upgrade will be just fine skipping over 7.5 and paying full price for X. If the 7.5 upgrade was still out there I am sure the RF X software only sales would drop.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:49 PM

Yeah it's okay to me to drop the 7.5 upgrade my comments were entirely about RealFlight 7.5, its a great product who's time 'hasn't' passed yet. It will but not yet.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: