Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:11 PM

RF 7.5 with Interlink Controller

Guys,

I have a couple of question which may have already been answered... So I apologize in advance.

My interlink controller has broken and I was looking to order again. I see that currently 7.5 with Interlink Controller is out of stock until mid June. Does this mean that a "newer" controller will be coming out, possibly that the new x controller will be compatible with 7.5 in a software update?
Is it discontinued with the Interlink altogether to concentrate sales on the new X version?

Was going to order the Drone package as I already have 7.5 so only need the controller. I do know that I can send in my current broken controller for replacement, but would like to know if something is being updated as far as controllers go for 7.5 specifically.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks,
MJ
Old 04-20-2017, 05:45 PM

Anything is possible, and I do not speak for Great Planes.

I doubt that the new 7.5 production run changes anything. They specifically made the RFX controller so that it was not backwards compatible to this point. I don't see that changing.

You can buy the drone version and use the Interlink Elite from that package with RF7.5.

I am sorry to see them discontinue the RFX software upgrade package.

I just bought three copies new on EBay. Be careful, some are already gouging for it.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:17 PM

What is broken on the interlink controller that you have? It might be something that you can fix. Also tech support has been known to assist with the repair or replacement if necessary. A common issue that happens is the cable goes bad. If you are able to solder you can replace the cable yourself. I replaced the cable on mine 3 years ago because of this problem.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:03 PM

Cable is good on the controller. It's the left gimbal assembly that has a crack in it near the stick. I have tried a couple of things to fix it... but it has just become a weak point.

Honestly, I wish the X version controller would work with 7.5 as I would not have a problem purchasing the new software / controller. I just do not want that as my only RF sim, at least for time being.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:08 PM

I think that is something that can be easily fixed by sending in the controller for repair. They might even return a brand new controller. In the past, I have found the same gimbal and replaced it. I don't know your willingness to proceed in that direction. Many old 72mhz radios lying around might work for your need.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:27 AM

The knife edge CEO has already said that they do not plan on the interlink X working in 7.5. The new interlink is not tied to the software like the older interlink elite is so there isn't any copy protection there. Tech support would probably be able to repair/replace the gimbal, also some of the local hobby stores have old radios used for parts that for a few bucks would probably swap it out for you.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:32 PM

Thanks Guys.

Has anyone tried using the X controller on 7.5 while the old Interlink controller is still plugged in (Acting dongle)? I am guessing someone has tried this.

Cheers
Old 04-25-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Thanks Guys.

Has anyone tried using the X controller on 7.5 while the old Interlink controller is still plugged in (Acting dongle)? I am guessing someone has tried this.

Cheers
If your talking about using a Buddy Box Configuration, to connect the RealFlight-X to the InterLink Elite this will NOT work.

I do not have RealFlight-X. But, I Have Had, Realflight 7.5, With the Interlink Elite Controller, for some time.

The Buddy Box connection on the Elite, is for a Incoming signal only. There are only two wires connected, through the (futaba type) "In Port", going to the Internal Electronics Board. (No out going signal)
I Bet the RealFlight-X port is wired similarly. Though, a different style port... No Out Going Signal!
The Link Wire supplied with RealFlight 7.5, only has two active wires.(signal, ground) and only works one way.(Field radio, "Signal Out Pin"-RealFlight, "Signal In Pin") You cant hook the long cable, to your field radio, it wont work.(other pins are dead)
You can check this all out with an Ohm Meter, if you want.
Note: The Jack in the cord Has a Mono connector, hence, only Two wires.
Buddy Box connection, no go!

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 04-26-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: