Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 06-02-2019, 09:53 AM

Excursion at Harbor Dock

Technoid's excellent Excursion model, made for Realflight 8 but imports easily into RF-X and fly's great.

The large bubble canopy makes for incredible viewing angles,
Technoid's download comes with pilot seat camera (with tilt view) installed, I just added a rotate servo to the camera to take advantage of the views, and check on the furniture in the back cabin

Swap page download link.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=24708

Here is a video. (New video repaired glitches)

https://youtu.be/uER8zTcH6uc

Last edited by asj5547; 06-03-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:18 AM

Excellent video once again.

I see RF-X still has the camera twitches using the onboard cockpit camera when you get so far away from the spawn point. I know it happens in RF-8 but this is the first time I've seen it in RF-X.

Out flying my helis today .. much nicer weather.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Excellent video once again.

I see RF-X still has the camera twitches using the onboard cockpit camera when you get so far away from the spawn point. I know it happens in RF-8 but this is the first time I've seen it in RF-X.

Out flying my helis today .. much nicer weather.
I don't get twitches like that when I fly it in RF-X so those might be caused by the additional camera controls he put in. Maybe he used the extra channels and the controls in the back of the interlink-x is causing some jumping. asj5547 what do you think is causing those large jumps in the camera?

It's a shame that's a great blue in RF-8 but in RF-X it's really dark.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:45 PM

It was the left rear slider on the RF-X controller causing the glitch/shake problem, moved from that channel 9 slider, to the 3-way switch channel 8.
I guess I will be sending the controller back for warranty repair, to fix the slider and one trim not working (only purchased it 2 months ago) after my Interlink Elite quit working.
Just uploaded another video to replace the shaky one.
https://youtu.be/uER8zTcH6uc
Old 06-03-2019, 02:56 PM

That's much better. Sorry to hear your controller is having issues but glad it's not a sim problem. I still have RF-X just nothing to run it on.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:33 PM

I am close to putting in newer higher quality gimbals in mine.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I am close to putting in newer higher quality gimbals in mine.
What kind of gimbals are you talking about? It would be nice to have better ones in mine too but I figured there wasn't anything I could get that would fit in it properly, so I'm interested in what you found. That isn't much of a radio to me much worse than the older Interlink Elite. But I did finally get used to flying with it though.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:31 PM

Hall effect gimbals would sure be nice like are in my Jumper radio.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
What kind of gimbals are you talking about? It would be nice to have better ones in mine too but I figured there wasn't anything I could get that would fit in it properly, so I'm interested in what you found. That isn't much of a radio to me much worse than the older Interlink Elite. But I did finally get used to flying with it though.
I am pretty sure the gimbals are a standard size and a controller calibration should clean up the center and end points. The Interlink-X is a pita to open up with the sliders being loose once the back is open. and some soddering is required to replace the gimbals so Right now I am holding my action on opening it up again and replacing parts to make sure I get the right parts.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I am pretty sure the gimbals are a standard size and a controller calibration should clean up the center and end points. The Interlink-X is a pita to open up with the sliders being loose once the back is open. and some soddering is required to replace the gimbals so Right now I am holding my action on opening it up again and replacing parts to make sure I get the right parts.
Thanks. I've replaced a USB cable on the Interlink Elite but haven't opened the Interlink X yet. But it would be cool to have high quality gimbals in it.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Thanks. I've replaced a USB cable on the Interlink Elite but haven't opened the Interlink X yet. But it would be cool to have high quality gimbals in it.
I have just ordered the Interlink DX as the resolution of the interlink RFX is so ****ty it is really squirelly in RF9. Tom C says the DX is quality so its back to the old Futaba based Elite days.

I'd like to replace the gimbals so if you do it I'll do it too.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I had to replace a broken switch but I found the sliders are ok if you centre them first and I put a tiny drop of hot glue on the base of the slider where it goes into its holding hole. Just a smidge to hold it in place. Takes all the hassle out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: