Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Thanks Jeremy. I assume for the rest of us not using Steam we can open the console and do:

hidController_deadband 0
I don't think that would work. In the new beta, setting this to zero will change all the logic how these channels are calculated, besides disabling deadband. In older version you will just disable deadband, but issues will still be there.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:37 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaz44 View Post
I don't think that would work. In the new beta, setting this to zero will change all the logic how these channels are calculated, besides disabling deadband. In older version you will just disable deadband, but issues will still be there.
Most likely correct. We would have to wait for the next beta release the regular way knife edge distributes updates. The steam users have the advantage of getting smaller updates pushed automatically to their software.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:54 AM

Or it could be they just added a checkbox for it. Kinda like the training being in the console but not in the drop down menus.

I was asking for a definitive answer from one of the admins not guesses.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Thanks Jeremy. I assume for the rest of us not using Steam we can open the console and do:

hidController_deadband 0
As of now, that will not eliminate the unwanted mixing in the non-Steam version, which does not yet have a patch available yet. It will make the deadband zero, but the circular math will still introduce some mixing, if the channels are mapped in certain ways.

Once we've gotten some testing on this beta, we plan to push out public updates on both Steam and the RealFlight Launcher. I don't have a specific date, but it shouldn't be long.

To be clear: this doesn't affect InterLink users. The bug is only present if you are using an RC radio that communicates using a joystick dongle and arranges the channels in a way that triggers the problem.

Last edited by Jeremy Sebens; 04-18-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Or it could be they just added a checkbox for it. Kinda like the training being in the console but not in the drop down menus.

I was asking for a definitive answer from one of the admins not guesses.
Not sure what guessing you mean... hid_controllerDeadband is mentioned in the initial post and it didn't fix wrong channek mixing in previous versions..
Old 06-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Update

This fix is now available for the non-Steam version of RF8 as well. Currently you must opt in to the public beta to obtain it. See this post for more details.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: