Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digata View Post
Hi ive setup the x9d plus and i can not calibrate it so can not use it in rf8 as no way to set the trim
Look
Attachment 60119
My RealFlight model in the Taranis is...
Internal Radio System OFF
External Radio Module OFF
Trainer Mode Slave/Jack
PPM Frame Length 22.5ms
Start channel CH1 channels 8
Polarity Negative
PPM delay 300us
Old 05-05-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digata View Post
Hi ive setup the x9d plus and i can not calibrate it so can not use it in rf8 as no way to set the trim
Look
Attachment 60119
Are you using the trainer cable to an Interlink or other interface, or doing it direct using a USB (joystick) connection? On the Taranis, please note what main four channels you are using for what. Are they in the same order for Inputs, Mixing and Outputs?
In RF, did you create a new profile, or are you using one of the current ones - if so, which?
Old 10-08-2018, 07:30 PM

Hi guys, Iíve read over all this and still having one issue. I can get the x9d working and channels mapped properly but it wonít Calibrate properly. Iíve calibrated the taranis itself, and in windows, but when I try calibrate it in Rf8 it never reads middle stick as 50% after calibration. All sit at 63% middle. Any ideas anyone?
Old 10-08-2018, 08:12 PM

Can you use sub-trim in the radio to zero the channels at mid-stick?
Old 10-08-2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgie86 View Post
Hi guys, I’ve read over all this and still having one issue. I can get the x9d working and channels mapped properly but it won’t Calibrate properly. I’ve calibrated the taranis itself, and in windows, but when I try calibrate it in Rf8 it never reads middle stick as 50% after calibration. All sit at 63% middle. Any ideas anyone?
If you can give more information, as was asked in the post #17 (that the other person never responded to), I can try to diagnose with my setup.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:04 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
If you can give more information, as was asked in the post #17 (that the other person never responded to), I can try to diagnose with my setup.
Sure! So I tried to follow what you have on the first page and I think Iíve done it right. I tried master and slave both didnít seem to make a difference. Done the 3 tabs on the taranis and opened Rf8, got the channels working for the appropriate input. But when I calibrate it, the calibration doesnít centre properly. Had to use massive subtrim to get it remotely close.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 313B57AA-E2F8-4665-B71E-D2CC6261BB07.jpg (253.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 07B0531D-AEDC-4EFC-B232-1365607D97F4.jpg (275.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg E65F29A3-5C99-4073-8A42-C63C8172B13F.jpg (287.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-09-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Sure! So I tried to follow what you have on the first page and I think Iíve done it right. I tried master and slave both didnít seem to make a difference. Done the 3 tabs on the taranis and opened Rf8, got the channels working for the appropriate input. But when I calibrate it, the calibration doesnít centre properly. Had to use massive subtrim to get it remotely close.
Also, just using a normal USB cable. I assume itís okay, everything works, just doesnít calibrate properly?
I used the Futaba profile, customised it, and saved as a new profile.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:51 PM

Odd - I deleted all my saved profiles (stored at C:\Users\your name\Documents\RealFlight 8\Radio Profiles), and couldn't duplicate. I initially used the RF "gamepad" profile as a base, since that is what Windows identifies the controller as. But using the Futaba profile worked too. It all just worked fine for me, though.

You could try deleting the controller profiles in RF, and then deleting the controller in Windows, and reboot and start over with new ones, recalibrating as you go.

The problem in this thread sounds in some ways similar (http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33440. Scroll down to read about how to do a "soft" reinstall using the control panel, or go for broke and do a complete reinstall.

Worst case would be to change the center of each channel on the outputs page of the Taranis (the 1500 entry) to get each one to register as centered in RF.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I'm using RF 7.5 ; however, I cannot think why there would be any difference in TX setup...

Your setup is the same as mine and I use the G7 wired interface so it should work.

As others have said you can move the centre point 1500 by a very large amount interactively to see how it changes in RealFlight (Outputs 6/13 end column using the + and - )

Hope you get it sorted.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: