Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G3 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 01-03-2007, 12:11 AM

For Students. 3DS max 9 CHEAP

If you are student (or know someone who is), or have a spouse in education
You can get your own copy of 3D Studio Max 9 for $194.98
(Bundle also includes Combustion and Cleaner)

Its cannot be used for profit, as it is only a student license.

There are other stipulations and agreements, but I just thought I would share this.

Im currently at UTA, so I will be jumping on this to learn how to model some planes and Heli's

It says "1 year" and Im not sure if that means 1 year of support/upgrades or what.

I'm going to call tomorrow and find out, anyway....here is a link
http://www.journeyed.com/itemDetail...._view=overview
Old 01-03-2007, 02:22 AM

From what I've heard, 3DS 9 is not compatible with the the KEX plug-ins.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:14 AM

Well, the .kex - plugin may me not working with this version. Nobody has checked if the command - line .kex - exporter is working with a .3ds - file generated by 3dsmax 9.

But I guess, the possibility that it don't work is very high. The incompatibility of .max and .3ds files is very high, even under 3dsmax versions themselves. So it comes to multiple errors when you want to work under 3dsmax 8 with a .max or .3ds file generated by 3dsmax 6...

I don't know who's said in this forum, probably I've read it in another.

A user said:
Quote:
One times your .max, you never go back baby
I've never heard my problem so directly said, because I was testing with 30 different freeware editors (everyone of them were able to export into .3ds) or more, the 3ds2kex - command - line exporter at the same time. Non of them generated a useable .3ds - file. The console was full of multiple errors.

While other file formats are working with the Deep Exploration method to (not only .x - files), we are really forced to work with the one generated by gmax. Why we are still forced and aren't able to work under multiple other formats before we are exporting to .3ds, I will explain in the next parts of the tutorial.

Last edited by maxkop; 01-03-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM72
If you are student (or know someone who is), or have a spouse in education
You can get your own copy of 3D Studio Max 9 for $194.98
(Bundle also includes Combustion and Cleaner)

Its cannot be used for profit, as it is only a student license.

There are other stipulations and agreements, but I just thought I would share this.

Im currently at UTA, so I will be jumping on this to learn how to model some planes and Heli's

It says "1 year" and Im not sure if that means 1 year of support/upgrades or what.

I'm going to call tomorrow and find out, anyway....here is a link
http://www.journeyed.com/itemDetail...._view=overview
Just so you know, that is only a one year license for students. After 1 year it expires. The graduating version (Meaning it will work forever with rights to upgrades an support) I have seen for $2500.00. I think there is a perpetual license version available that allows unlimited use but only at that version, with no rights to future support and no uprgades. It is around 400 I believe.

Fangar

Last edited by Fangar; 01-03-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangar
Just so you know, that is only a one year license for students. After 1 year it expires. The graduating version (Meaning it will work forever with rights to upgrades an support) I have seen for $2500.00. I think there is a perpetual license version available that allows unlimited use but only at that version, with no rights to future support and no uprgades. It is around 400 I believe.

Fangar
Ah....I was affraid of that.
I thought it was perpetual with only one year of upgrades.

There ya go. If it seems too good to be true............

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: