Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 02-03-2018, 04:07 PM

3 months and still no fix available... this is pretty sad guys. Everyone at Knife Edge should feel very ashamed.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
3 months and still no fix available... this is pretty sad guys. Everyone at Knife Edge should feel very ashamed.
There is no set time for patch releases. There is a fix if you read this thread.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
There is no set time for patch releases. There is a fix if you read this thread.
Perhaps you should read my statement before responding. I know that they fixed it internally but like I said nothing is "available".
Old 02-05-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Everyone at Knife Edge should feel very ashamed.
WHAT??? A bug with a workaround is NOT a high priority for a software release. Ashamed?? I think you should be ashamed for writing that. Don't like that?? take a number.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:44 PM

I imagine they have other things they want to change or fix and release a more comprehensive update.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
WHAT??? A bug with a workaround is NOT a high priority for a software release. Ashamed?? I think you should be ashamed for writing that. Don't like that?? take a number.
I fully accept that there is an acceptable timeline to release a fix. In my experience for this level of issue that is 3 months. If one is following proper software engineering practices it should not be a big deal to do a bugfix release if your next feature release is a ways off.

Let me put it this way. Say every time you wanted to start your new (just bought) car you had to open and close your trunk first. The manufacturer told you they have a fix but they are too busy to do it for you right now. They might do it in a month or it might be over a year. How would you feel then? I mean by your logic you have a workaround so you have no right to be upset.

If it was a once and done workaround then fine I buy your logic. But for something that has to be done over and over again in order to enjoy the sim in full screen raises the priority a bit.

Last edited by grimbeaver; 02-06-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:16 AM

What I object to is “you should be ashamed”. I guess most of us use the product without complaint in a window mode. You choose to make this an issue. There is no need to use full screen.

I would say that Microsluff issues too many updates.

They have already said the fix was ready for next release. A very simple workaround is available now.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:26 AM

Workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas View Post
Yes.
0 = fullscreen exclusive
1 = maximized with title bar turned off
2 = maximized standard windowed mode
3 = windowed mode non-maximized

Until a fix is available, the workaround is to exit the sim in windowed mode. And if you forget to do that, alter the single WindowState .ini value as described above to recover without having to restore defaults and lose all your other settings.
The workaround I use is set the .ini file to "read only" after making all the changes in config and calibrating my controller. This way I can exit in fullscreen without crash in the next startup.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: