Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:20 AM

Hi Flap,
Ya, that's usually the case, esp. with anything Microsoft, lol!

However, RF seems to be diff. I actually noticed a slight improvement in performance when I went from RF5.5 to 7.5 and I have not noticed any change in performance when I upgraded to RF8.

Probably because like csgill75 said earlier, not much has changed since G4, just minor tweaks and content. Oh, and now VR support. I also like the fact that with RF8 you no longer need to register your controller and apparently (because I have not tried this) you can setup and use other controllers/joysticks now.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to jjuneau Send a message via AIM to jjuneau Send a message via Yahoo to jjuneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
TomC

Yeah if you consider VR I suppose you're right, that's just not something that interests me. Being on the computer with a large thing on my head doesn't work for me. But I've tried it in BestBuy and I see why people enjoy it. It would be interesting to have a large sample of who use's it to see what the percentage of real user's are. A forum sample isn't broad enough to give a clear view of it's real value. I know KE used it to boost interest in RF-8 since that and the new development tools were it's real selling points. But I have to think the normal monitor usage model is still vastly more popular. But I know I could be wrong about that.

I spent 1,800 to build a new system for RF-X but missed the mark when I bought a GTX 1070 which fails to give me the frame rates I want. But I won't make that mistake this time, it's the top line card for me when they release them. And from what I hear they will annouce them on August 20th, not a full release but announce the product with full release to follow soon. I'm excited about the new Nvidial Graphics cards because they will finally give me what I wanted in the first place for RF-X.
I have a GTX 1070 as well and i'm able to get great FPS now after KnifeEdge tech support told me to:

1) Disable "Global V-Sync" in the Nivida Control Panel
2) Change V-Sync option to "Adaptive" (can't remember if this was an in-game setting or another Nvidia control panel setting).
Old 08-18-2018, 08:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to jjuneau Send a message via AIM to jjuneau Send a message via Yahoo to jjuneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Hi Flap,
Ya, that's usually the case, esp. with anything Microsoft, lol!

However, RF seems to be diff. I actually noticed a slight improvement in performance when I went from RF5.5 to 7.5 and I have not noticed any change in performance when I upgraded to RF8.

Probably because like csgill75 said earlier, not much has changed since G4, just minor tweaks and content. Oh, and now VR support. I also like the fact that with RF8 you no longer need to register your controller and apparently (because I have not tried this) you can setup and use other controllers/joysticks now.
Um, are you sure about the fact you can use other controllers now? You mean, only if you daisy chain them to the back of the Interlink controller, right?
Old 08-18-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuneau View Post
Um, are you sure about the fact you can use other controllers now? You mean, only if you daisy chain them to the back of the Interlink controller, right?
No, apparently you can also use USB joysticks/gamepads. I think as long as they show up as a generic windows game controller they should work. Just checkout the RF8 specs at RF. Here is a link on this forum;

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32713

I gotta say I have not bothered to try any other game controller since my Interlink Elite by Futaba continues to work so well.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuneau View Post
Game controller compatibility was added in RF8. You can use a Xbox controller in RealFlight 8. Also usb simulator dongles, that directly connect via wireless to many popular transmitters also work in RF8. No interlink is required.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Game controller compatibility was added in RF8. You can use a Xbox controller in RealFlight 8. Also usb simulator dongles, that directly connect via wireless to many popular transmitters also work in RF8. No interlink is required.
Do you have a link to a known "usb simulator dongle" that works with RF8? Would like to use my Taranis 9X with the sim.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:11 PM

Just plug any old USB cable into the Taranis, and turn it on. It should ask if you want to be in Joystick mode or not, just pick yes. (at least with OpenTX version 2.2.1 and above - can't say what old versions of the software may or may not be able to do). Do a search here for more details on how to set it up in RF. It works just fine, with no Interlink, dongle, etc. needed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: