Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:03 PM

If you cannot take the time to do a few simple google searches then too bad imho.

If you think that hover trainer makes all the difference to your real heli, good luck with that, lol!

All sims are useful to help program your RC brain/fingers but only real/actual RC flying will properly test/improve these.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
1.) If you cannot take the time to do a few simple google searches then too bad imho.

2.) If you think that hover trainer makes all the difference to your real heli, good luck with that, lol!

3.) All sims are useful to help program your RC brain/fingers but only real/actual RC flying will properly test/improve these.
1.) can't tell - have no idea what you are saying
2.) WRONG
3.) WRONG

Sent with gentle effect.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:00 PM

Sorry, just my opinions.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:47 PM

Well you are wrong. That is a fact, not an opinion.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:00 PM

Well, like they say, there are 3 sides to everything; yours, mine, and the facts!
Old 04-02-2018, 12:19 PM

Count me as one who absolutely agrees this information should not be buried. I have been flying RF for over 10 years and I did not even realize this was gone until I read this page. There was a time however when I was so hungry for information I watched every single one of these videos. While they are a fairly basic the information is vital to someone getting started. I encourage people to get online and fly with me as an instructor but alas very few take advantage of my offer for whatever personal reasons they may have.

Steve Graham
Old 04-02-2018, 07:03 PM

FWIW, simulator training gives you more flight time without fixing and repairing crashes. I estimate that when I was first learning that I got 5 or more hours of sim time to each hour at the field.

You need aircraft control and field time is so random and scattered it is hard to build time. The sim can be used each and every day. I came off the sim flying helicopters like no one had seen before. I was into forward flight on my fourth battery. That is after many crashes and hanging it up from field experience. Guys laughed at me, they were not laughing later. I fly the sim every day to this day.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:42 PM

Post Missing VFI and Other Menu Options

I understand some of the reasoning behind paring down the main menu but how about an option to either customize the menu or have a User menu where each user could add those commands they find valuable in an easy to get to place. Kind of like Customize the Ribbon in Microsoft Office. Just a thought.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: