Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:42 AM

writing autopilot algorithms for RF

Hi!
I'm working in a lab where we write algorithms for autonomous quad-copters control and navigation.
We're currently working with physical quads in an indoor lab, a method which really limits our experiments, so when a friend told me about RF, the first thing I thought was "how do I combine our equipment with RF so we can use our algorithms to control virtual quads?".
Controlling the simulator shouldn't be a problem, as we're currently using "hacked" 4 channels remote controls to fly our quads by PC commands, so we should be able to control the RF remote too. the question is if and how we can get feedback from the simulator, instead of getting our feedback from cameras using tracking tools .
Basically I'd love to know if there's a way for us to get 6 DOF feedback from RF, and how will the data look.

thanks!
Old 07-22-2014, 02:24 PM

At the moment, it is not possible with the current state of the software.... you should contact KnifeEdge and Great Planes directly to see if this is possible. The KE team is really pretty good. They have limited resources, so who knows... You will not know unless you ask... look for Ryans tag in a message at the top and send him a message.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Knife Edge Software Owner

We do have a toolset to allow for this, but we haven't publicly released it. I'll have someone contact you.

Jim
Old 07-23-2014, 02:27 AM

that would be brilliant, thank you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: