Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-01-2015, 02:19 PM

Wind Walker

I haven't posted much lately so I thought I'd drop by and mention what I've been up too. I've been working on a few planes but the one I'm finishing up is called Wind Walker and is mostly done except for adding some chamfer to the tail feathers and mapping. Recently I released an EA called Twister that I'd call a Sport 3D plane which was a simple plane put together from one of my earlier models. But with a significant difference in the fact it's powered by a 70cc Twin engine and has a 120 inch wingspan. I think it's a fun flyer and Doug and I had a great time putting it together. But right now I wanted to drop by and post a few pictures of Wind Walker. She's also a large plane with a 70cc Twin engine but scaled down a bit with a 96 inch wingspan. I've been working close with Doug on it and I think between the two of us it's turning out to be a pretty nice plane that's fun to fly. She's also a Sport 3D plane. By Sport 3D I mean she's not quite a full 3D plane but I think pretty close. Once I get her on the swap pages I wouldn't mind hearing how she flys for you guys that are 3D pilots, now that's good or bad feedback. You can't make something better if you don't know what's wrong with it, and I definitely don't consider myself a good 3D pilot I just enjoy strong aerobatics. So give it a try when I'm finished and report back your thoughts on it. OR.. if the pictures I'm posting shows something you think needs changing let me know. So here she is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wind Walker 07.jpg (211.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Wind Walker 08.jpg (210.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Wind Walker 09.jpg (189.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-01-2015, 06:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
i agree it has been fun to work on this build with technoid , and i can't wait to grab the finished EA
Old 05-02-2015, 01:09 PM

I got the chamfer added to the tail feathers this morning so I guess it's time to start mapping, ha.. my favorite part. Here's what they look like after adding the chamfer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wind Walker 10.jpg (101.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-02-2015, 04:35 PM

looks good technoid , mapping is good 8) means it's close to release 8D
Old 05-17-2015, 02:49 PM

Thought I'd drop by and post a render of what Wind Walker will probably look like when I release it. I'm very close now just going over everything to make sure it's okay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wind Walker 11.jpg (199.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-17-2015, 03:46 PM

coming along nicely technoid 8)
Old 05-18-2015, 03:38 AM

For this plane I thought I'd create curved stripes for the wings but since I already had straight stripes on the tail feathers I thought I'd leave them there. But after flying it for a while doing the final tweaks I decided the tail feathers deserved the curved stripes too so I reworked them and gave them the same treatment as the wings. I do think they look better so I thought I'd drop by and add another render so you can compare them too. I'm almost ready to release it now just have to fly it a little more to make sure the last tweaks I did are okay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wind Walker 12.jpg (198.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-18-2015, 08:00 PM

It looks like this thread is finished I uploaded Wind Walker 96 today.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:56 PM

sweet just grabbing it now thanks technoid

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: