Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 06-14-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Real flight does not fully displace water with a close surface if the inside is hollow (aka shell). Remember how the waves showed in the commode area of your Sea cruise (? I think). that's because air space below the water line does not have the water excluded and does not contribute to buoyancy in rf. realflight only does basic calculation for floatation and water even if a hull is perfectly sealed it will still have water in it if it a shell only
legoman. Thanks that's what I was thinking once I found the problem. The shell created a small pocket so it destroyed the buoyancy in RealFlight. At least I was able to find the problem and fix it so the pain was worth something. Did those pictures come from something RF published?

I'm going to stop working on the Flying Boat so you can get the one you've already finished released no one is really interested in my custom designed stuff anyway so that gives people something they'll be interested in. If it doesn't have a real name it doesn't matter. I'll still finish it but just for me so I can fly it in RF-X like I wanted to. I may release it later but not right now.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Did those pictures come from something RF published?
No an old airboat project that I will probably never finish. since I was building it for a friend who said he would get RF and never did. Also at the time when I started it I did not like the gator on the current airboat, but I have grown accustom too it now

Quote:

I'm going to stop working on the Flying Boat so you can get the one you've already finished released no one is really interested in my custom designed stuff anyway so that gives people something they'll be interested in. If it doesn't have a real name it doesn't matter. I'll still finish it but just for me so I can fly it in RF-X like I wanted to. I may release it later but not right now.
That plane is from FSX. I own nothing about it except the physics, so I am not going to release that one. But the next plane I start will either be that one (Martin Mars) or the Lockheed Constellation
Old 06-15-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Technoid please continue with the Flying Boat model, I am so looking forward to flying that big bird in RF-X.

I really appreciate your "No Name models" and so do many others, I did a quick swap page search of all the Technoid planes you have produced since you started in Realflight with the Boxie flyer, and I quit counting when the total exceeded 20,000 downloads, for your "no name brand", but over 65,000 downloads for all your EA's.....that is an exceptional accomplishment and you should be very proud of all the pleasure you have given to so many people.

Please do not give up modelling, just SLOW DOWN the model production level and enjoy life more, get back to enjoying modelling at a leisurely pace and not feeling pressured to keep the production line running.

Thanks again for all the incredible aircraft you have given us.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj5547 View Post
Technoid please continue with the Flying Boat model, I am so looking forward to flying that big bird in RF-X.

I really appreciate your "No Name models" and so do many others, I did a quick swap page search of all the Technoid planes you have produced since you started in Realflight with the Boxie flyer, and I quit counting when the total exceeded 20,000 downloads, for your "no name brand", but over 65,000 downloads for all your EA's.....that is an exceptional accomplishment and you should be very proud of all the pleasure you have given to so many people.

Please do not give up modelling, just SLOW DOWN the model production level and enjoy life more, get back to enjoying modelling at a leisurely pace and not feeling pressured to keep the production line running.

Thanks again for all the incredible aircraft you have given us.
Thanks for the kind comments stuff like that definitely makes a difference. In the beginning I always created my 'no name planes' and enjoyed modeling and flying them. To me the pleasure came from flying what I created not the fact it was a copy of something someone else did. But lately it seemed no one cared for my home brew stuff even though the size, shape, and weight of the plane determines how it fly's not the fact it has some other designers name on it. And when legoman posted a picture of that flying boat I thought it was something he modeled and was ready to start a build thread for it, so I bowed out of the Flying Boat I was working on. Well I stopped building it 'here' but not at home. But legoman said that plane wasn't his and he would start one later so that changes things. So I guess I'll continue where I left off (for now at least) but I don't want to be building the same type of plane as someone else is working on, two of the same thing is too much. So I'll go on for now and if I finish before he starts his build I'll release it. It's a personal thing I just don't want to be building the same thing as someone else at the same time. So we'll see if I get finished in time.

One another note I have it flying and it's really fun, but I want to go back and tweak the wings before I consider an Alpha release. Right now there's no mapping so it's all the same color (except for the engines they were mapped before and have the proper colors on them)
Old 06-15-2019, 02:48 PM

I am glad to hear you are continuing with the Flying Boat, judging from all the pictures you have posted, this will be a great model.
When I was looking at your extremely long list of models on the swaps last night, I found 3 interesting planes, the Shoestring Stunter, Proud Bird Mk.11, and the XF-92A, all had high download counts, so I was intrigued to find out why they were so popular, needless to say they all fly great and import with no problems into RF-X.
The Shoestring Stunter, the name says it all, very aerobatic and yes, I used to fly a Shoestring control line back in the day.
The Proud Bird Mk11 is a great pattern plane, love the way this model fly's, especially the long tail momentum giving lots of movement.
The XF-92A is fast becoming a favourite of mine, this is an awesome flying model, great work Technoid.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:50 AM

Thumbs up

Awesome work technoid!
Old 06-17-2019, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj5547 View Post
I am glad to hear you are continuing with the Flying Boat, judging from all the pictures you have posted, this will be a great model.
When I was looking at your extremely long list of models on the swaps last night, I found 3 interesting planes, the Shoestring Stunter, Proud Bird Mk.11, and the XF-92A, all had high download counts, so I was intrigued to find out why they were so popular, needless to say they all fly great and import with no problems into RF-X.
The Shoestring Stunter, the name says it all, very aerobatic and yes, I used to fly a Shoestring control line back in the day.
The Proud Bird Mk11 is a great pattern plane, love the way this model fly's, especially the long tail momentum giving lots of movement.
The XF-92A is fast becoming a favourite of mine, this is an awesome flying model, great work Technoid.
Yes all three of those are nice planes. The Shoestring Stunter was a special request and after I did that I did the Ringmaster which is one of the planes I flew back in the day. The XF-92 is a really nice plane and I had a blast with it for a long time. I created a nice video of it using the Top Gun theme maybe I'll try to upload it on YouTube and see if they let me and put a link to it here, the video turned out nice. Ha.. Now Proud Bird Mk II was my version of the Dirty Birdy but just a bit different so I used my name.

I guess I'll mention that all my older planes don't have a collision mesh and being honest back then I didn't know they needed one. The video I watched when I created my first plane didn't mention the collision mesh, or I don't remember it mentioning it so I built my planes without it and they flew just fine. But I do wish I had know about it and added it to all my planes. But your powerful graphics card doesn't care it just renders it and fly's along at good frame rates. Speaking of your 2080 did you ever get that 4k monitor?
Old 06-17-2019, 01:58 AM

I started mapping the Flying Boat today and have most of it mapped, but I got tired of mapping so I stopped for a while but I'll get back to it soon.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:42 PM

Your planes always come out great flyers. Even the un-released prototypes are wonderful. I know how much you love mapping so don't rush.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Your planes always come out great flyers. Even the un-released prototypes are wonderful. I know how much you love mapping so don't rush.
Ha.. Yeah I love it, but I worked hard getting it done so I can start painting the plane
Old 06-17-2019, 07:49 PM

Well the first pass of mapping is finished the 1x1 mapping still needs to be done but like always I'll put that off so I can paint the plane. Anyone have any suggestions I need some ideas I haven't picked out anything yet. Here's a picture of the map, there's still lots of room left in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flying Boat 24.jpg (82.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-17-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Well the first pass of mapping is finished the 1x1 mapping still needs to be done but like always I'll put that off so I can paint the plane. Anyone have any suggestions I need some ideas I haven't picked out anything yet. Here's a picture of the map, there's still lots of room left in it.
just a thought but the bottom of the fuse should probably be mapped from the bottom not the side
Old 06-18-2019, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
just a thought but the bottom of the fuse should probably be mapped from the bottom not the side
Well that's kind of like the hull of the boat which most often is one color without anything on it so from the side should work okay.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Anyone have any suggestions I need some ideas I haven't picked out anything yet.
Well perhaps some sort of military camo scheme would be nice, also their`s a variety of those kind of planes that were put into civilian service,.... depends on how much time you want to put into it, for a civilian version, some can be pretty elaborate, some, not so much. what are you leaning towards ???
Old 06-18-2019, 12:14 PM

How about something along these lines

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: