Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-20-2015, 10:22 PM

Color Scheme Dilemma

I recently decided to try my hand, at my first color scheme. I wanted to try to duplicate, the CS of my late nephews, Carl Goldberg Eaglet 50, that I acquired. Kinda wanted to immortalize it. I got the idea, when I saw the "Carl Goldberg Eagle 2_EA", by, Maj. Numbskully, jeffpn, and, willsonman.
I'v never done any computer graphics before, and am not overly computer savvy, but am trying to teach an old dog a new trick.
I recently downloaded GIMP, read a little, and started playing around with it. To my surprise, when I shot it back into RF, the two triangular panels (that I colored yellow, for better viewing here) overwrote the CS, I put on the wing. I know there's got to be an easier solution, than taking measurements, to try to, match the panel graphics, with the wing graphics. The panels are slightly larger than the openings, so the alignment could be hit or miss. Using layers, or cut, paste, rotate, and align, could be a possibility, but I haven't figured out how to to that yet.
Any help, or suggestions, would be appreciated.
Rc Plane.jpg Attachment 54680
The Red plane is the original EA
Test CS (1024x1024).jpg Attachment 54684 Attachment 54681
The Blue plane is MY attempted color scheme.

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 05-30-2017 at 04:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...mp+users+guide

this is a little older gimp users guide but herc40 did a really good write up on using it and you can find the info your looking for in here check it out
Old 06-03-2015, 02:09 AM

Well I finally got around to finishing My first color scheme. Thanks for the link doug. Lots of good, "GIMP" info, all rolled into one. Great job herc40!
Still, probably did it, the hard way. But, it really wasn't That hard. I made some measurements, about a half dozen trips, back and forth, between Gimp, and RealFlight, and I got the lines, close enough?
Here's a link to the: Matt Hess_CS, in the swap pages: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=21672
Get the Nitro! (AV) ALSO.
Attachment 54719

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 04-13-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
good i'm glad to hear you got your nephews CS in RF , and herc40 did an excellent job on his gimp users guide , now you can start making more CS's to upload 8)
Old 06-03-2015, 12:59 PM

Good Gimp guide Herc40... added to the RF7 FAQs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: