Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX3D014 View Post
technoid, thanks, that confirms what I was finding. I was also seeing KE members suggesting that it would some day be implemented. Is this true as far as you know, IE has there been any formal information suggesting it will come one day?

Thanks again for the Reply.
Bryce.
As far as I know it's not been confirmed by anyone that multiplayer will be added to RF-X, it's been assumed that as time goes by it will be added but not confirmed by anyone at KnifeEdge. Right now with the poor performance most people are getting with RF-X it would be hard to render lots of planes if they can barely render one plane at reasonable frame rates.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:09 AM

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I kinda doubt that RFX will ever be a true successor to RF7.5. There's so much missing what made RealFlight special and so little has happened since it was released one year ago.
Actually, considering how long it took to get from RF3 to RF7 and how small the improvements were, it would take ten years or so to only add back what was removed and I'm unsure that KE will survive so long.
Anyway, it looks like RF7.5 is slowly disappearing from the stores as it happened with all the Expansion Packs before. So one day soon, there will be no other choice left than RFX. Right now, chances are to get RF7.5 real cheap (e.g. via the update path) which makes the decision for the "old" version even easier.

Last edited by 0xdeadbeef; 09-15-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:13 PM

My guess is that KE did not anticipate how old the geezer's computers were and how much they would complain.

They ran out of RF7.5 so they made more. I am quite sure that if there is demand, they will keep making copies. Hopefully, people will update their computers in the next year or two for this and other reasons. Soon people will be enjoying the next iteration of a great software package.

All the other sims will have to do the same to keep up.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:13 PM

OK Cheers man. Two versions of 7.5 or 7 or whatever I can find it will be

My wife and I are separated and My son and I play MP games and use team speak to make up for time apart through the week. I did two years of Minecraft and built him some awesome stuff in that game. now it's Overwatch and Hopefully, I can get RF7.5 soon.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
My guess is that KE did not anticipate how old the geezer's computers were and how much they would complain.
I'm more surprised at how someone can accept mediocrity and feel superior doing it. Of ALL the people here, one person thinks this is okay and bashes the other 99.99% that don't.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:44 PM

Because the 99.99% of the people bashing the product either don't own it, never used it, or don't own anything more than an IBM XT 8bit computer. Why aren't they bashing similar software with similar capability? It is because, after 15 years, I know the KE guys will make it happen. I have to overcompensate for the negativity here. I am in for the long haul. I paid next to nothing for a good product.

If your computer is 10 years old, it is not going to run the modern software and it is not the publisher's fault. Plus that is what geezers do, sit and grip all day about everything. Have you even tried it. RF-X is not a bad product right now. It has a tremendous upside.

Quote:
I'm more surprised at how someone can accept mediocrity and feel superior doing it. Of ALL the people here, one person thinks this is okay and bashes the other 99.99% that don't.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 09-16-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
I'm more surprised at how someone can accept mediocrity and feel superior doing it. Of ALL the people here, one person thinks this is okay and bashes
the other 99.99% that don't.
This old Geezer (49yo mind you) is running a i6700k with 32gb of ram but a 980 ti overclocked and viewing on a 4k 55" curved display. I am sorry but I can run battlefield 4 maxed out no issues. I max out RFX and you might as well throw it away. When you basically have to turn off every single piece of eye candy just to make it work there is a problem. Oh, and I have OWNED it from day one and so far regretting it.

I am not spending another 600 on graphics until knife edge shows they can get it right. The 3d worlds do not look good and for people that want the 3d for drone, buy the drone software. I am not flying my helicopters and planes looking at a phone or ipad, I am standing on the ground looking in the air as odd as that sounds these days.

Incorporate some good high res photo fields and not the same ones from the last 10 years so it actually feels like you are flying at a club and not some digitized 3d desert and I think that could resolve half of the issues hardware wise. As some have said, they are not totally sure its possible but I am hoping it is.

Last edited by viperdriver5150; 09-16-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:22 PM

Well, I happen to be a bit older than you chronologically but maybe not mentally. I cannot run RF-X on my system maxed out, so I reduce the resolution until it runs nicely. I built a really nice system over 6 years ago... guess what, it is past time for a refresh (spend money for you geezers). It looks like I will wait a bit but a 1080Ti is in my future.

I just don't get bent that I cannot do everything that I would like to do in the simulator. I still have 7.5 for multi-player for the rare occasion I want to get on-line. I will miss building airports more than most. I have created several nice places that I like to fly. I don't like that change, but hey that's life. I don't ever get everything I want. I don't sit and pout about it. Sorry folks, that is how I read some of the complaints... not all of them.

If you have specific reasons and dislikes, I don't respond to you. You and I are both entitled to our opinions. I think the near future is going to be a good update.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 09-16-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Well, I happen to be a bit older than you chronologically but maybe not mentally. I cannot run RF-X on my system maxed out, so I reduce the resolution until it runs nicely. I built a really nice system over 6 years ago... guess what, it is past time for a refresh (spend money for you geezers). It looks like I will wait a bit but a 1080Ti is in my future.

I just don't get bent that I cannot do everything that I would like to do in the simulator. I still have 7.5 for multi-player for the rare occasion I want to get on-line. I will miss building airports more than most. I have created several nice places that I like to fly. I don't like that change, but hey that's life. I don't ever get everything I want. I don't sit and pout about it. Sorry folks, that is how I read some of the complaints... not all of them.

If you have specific reasons and dislikes, I don't respond to you. You and I are both entitled to our opinions. I think the near future is going to be a good update.
Ahh lets see that processor as of last November was right at the top and would run every intensive game out there just fine so I suggest you attempt to get your facts straight. This is the one from good ol' 2011... Core i7-2700K and my graphics card is from 2015 everything else is 9 months old. Your attempts to defend a sub-par product really are quite humorous and shows someone who is truly drinking the cool-aid and from reading on here certainly in the minority but keep banging the keys, this is fun.

I will continue to get on knife edge for a product that should have never been released as is. I'm super happy that your outrageously fast super computer can run said program in 640x480 resolution but good lord, us GEEZERS that seem to have prehistoric computers just need to invest a few more grand just to get things running smooooth, either that or use your expertise and drop the resolution down to a whopping Atari 2600 160x192. Maybe this is where computing is headed, you don't build for the future, you put thousands into a new one entirely hyper focused on running a sub 200.00 program and the rest of the time your email and web browsing will never be faster...absolutely brilliant!!! Heck you might as well just buy a fleet of trex's and crash away.

RFX 179.99
Computer to make program run - 2000.00
Computer to make program run smoooooooth - might not exist lol

Below is a screen shot running the beta multi-player RFX in optimum frame rate resolution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (6.2 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by viperdriver5150; 09-17-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:27 PM

Funny... really hysterical.

If the software has requirements clearly printed on the box and you do not meet them, put the box back on the shelf and move along. I have no idea what resolution you are trying to push through your pipe to the screen. You obviously have a better system than I have. So you should be able to find a happy medium of resolution and frame rate.

You are unhappy because you want to be unhappy. A $300 laptop just will not run this program, you are going to have to invest. If this is the only thing you use the computer for, it is an expensive game. Most people have found that their computers will run more than a single software program. Go take your Geritol and put your jammies on, time for bed.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Funny... really hysterical.

If the software has requirements clearly printed on the box and you do not meet them, put the box back on the shelf and move along. I have no idea what resolution you are trying to push through your pipe to the screen. You obviously have a better system than I have. So you should be able to find a happy medium of resolution and frame rate.

You are unhappy because you want to be unhappy. A $300 laptop just will not run this program, you are going to have to invest. If this is the only thing you use the computer for, it is an expensive game. Most people have found that their computers will run more than a single software program. Go take your Geritol and put your jammies on, time for bed.
That's the funny part, I am as happy as can be other than it being cloudy today.

And if you think these requirements from KnifeEdge are them being honest then there is nowhere left to go. I mean who the hell are they kidding, with the minimum system you would be lucky to see the fancy KnifeEdge splash screen before your computer exploded. As for optimum, I believe I have a check mark by everything except the graphics card and someone emailed me from KnifeEdge saying it SHOULD run perfect with my specs.

Minimum Recommended System

Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. 64bit
Local administrator access required.
Quad-core processor
AMD FX-4300 or equivalent
DirectX 11 Mid-Range Video Card with 2 GB of video memory
GTX 460 or better
Integrated video cards not recommended
30 GB Hard Drive Space
4 GB RAM
DVD Drive

Optimal System:

I7-6700 Processor or equivalent
nVidia GTX 1060, Radeon RX 480, or equivalent
32 GB RAM
SSD Hard Drive

Last edited by viperdriver5150; 09-16-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:38 PM

is there a Beta MP for RFX ?

My son and I have the same graphics cards. ASUS STRIX GTX™ 980 Ti tons of ram on a pc I build just last year.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:

My son and I have the same graphics cards. ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti tons of ram on a pc I build just last year.
Well welcome to the Geezer club accoring to 12oclock. I wonder if we should have a support group.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:

My son and I have the same graphics cards. ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti tons of ram on a pc I build just last year.
No his comment was just a joke. Take a look at the picture in his post and you'll see what I mean. It'll be interesting to see what the next update has but I don't expect multiplayer to be one of them. I think it will be engine improvements and additions to the planes and fields, and hopefully some water fields too. I'm kind of expecting something next month. It's been a year now so it's time for the x.5 release.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: