Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G5 & G4 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Did you catch the edit comment of my last post? I've been trying to reach you all day!!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:05 AM

My Dad was a medic with the 1ST CAV in Viet Nam (65-66). He had pics of CH-54 with hospital pod under it. Wish I could find those pics.

Last edited by Helihemi; 04-12-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj. Numbskully
griff ...maybe we can work a trade of rivet/ panel lines to reduce the work load for both of us.............. its up to you , let me know , I got plenty of time cause this project is on hold anyways as I don't think matt has even done the "Tankless" lift heli EA yet..........have you matt??
I haven't yet, sorry. I could make a version with the portable hospital as a detachable object...what? I am sick. I know.

Don't let physical inactivity take away your health. It's a hard lesson for those of us with desk jobs, but also for those that work at home from a PC as a second source of income. I'm lucky to still be alive.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
griff ...maybe we can work a trade of rivet/ panel lines to reduce the work load for both of us.............. its up to you , let me know , I got plenty of time cause this project is on hold anyways as I don't think matt has even done the "Tankless" lift heli EA yet..........have you matt??
I will happily trade my restored, bumped, and glassed panel and painted interior for your rivets/panel lines. I also have very detailed turbines to offer if you feel like I am trying to trade you a mule for a horse? Whatever seems fair, my work so far has been: Dash panel, interior, gear detail, and turbine/all that crap on the roof detail. I am about 90% done with those items, haven't started on the rivets yet. The panel is above this a few posts, but it was only 33.333% done when I shot that screen.

Whatever you think is fair Maj., either of us can do either of these tasks, seems like wasted resources for us both to do both. We can always make adjustments where needed, the bulk of the heavy lifting (pun intended) would already be done.

See attached. Same disclosures apply, plus more: early screen shows direction, things are farther along now but I am on a quick FSX bender right now, Interlink unplugged, pitch black in my office at 4am...Too lazy to fire it all up and take a new pic...Cockpit was nearly done in this shot, includes baked shading, bumps and specs that are not even started on the exterior.

Griff
twoeleven
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christine 5.jpg (367.1 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-01-2011, 12:56 PM

twoeleven
Actually I can't really do any of the interior.......as I'm handicapped by not being able to "see" what I'm doing inside as I only have 4.5 so that would be perfect

I have done the rivets for the bottom , and both sides of the tail boom

as well as the gussets for both sides of the boom , and have started the gussets for the left side around the cockpit area (all for the bump map)
also all of the rivets for the front left side that you see in the screeny

I also have the access panels that matt did not map in front

some of the graphics, (you could use the "danger " near the tail rotor)

there is still a lot to do ....................but I'm in the middle of prior commitments
I'm willing to send you what I have so far and will get back to you when I re-start on the rest

shoot me your E-mail addy and I'll just zip everything I got and you can pick n choose
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helihemi
My Dad was a medic with the 1ST CAV in Viet Nam (65-66).
Well then your going to be a happy camper then ......right from the start this was going to be a
1st Cav. bird ! (yes I have it at 200% in the screenys to better see what I'm doing thats why the rotors look to small)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gggnShot.jpg (31.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg fffffenShot.jpg (43.9 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Maj. Numbskully; 03-01-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:42 PM

You should point out exactly what I didn't map. Shame on me! If it's almost unnoticable then it will be another one of my anti-easter eggs.

Quote:
I also have the access panels that matt did not map in front

Don't let physical inactivity take away your health. It's a hard lesson for those of us with desk jobs, but also for those that work at home from a PC as a second source of income. I'm lucky to still be alive.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:44 PM

I should add that if either one of you guys wants to re-color the hose and nozzle, be my guest. That is the hardest work I've done to the CS for this model. If you think it looks ok then leave it, but if you can make it look better then feel free to modify it. I just had to see what it would look like.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:49 PM

I think the hose looks fine ..

and I should correct my previous statement about the access panel doors
they were not modeled or mapped ! .....................not that there really was a need to
they're nothing a good bump map can't handle
Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
twoeleven
Actually I can't really do any of the interior.......as I'm handicapped by not being able to "see" what I'm doing inside as I only have 4.5 so that would be perfect
Deal. I regret my delay, I have had the unfortunate task of helping a friend's family during their time of need...I have been physically and mentally absent and my tablet has spider webs on it. Things seem to be getting back to normal, and I hope to get back underway here in a few days.

@ Maj: PM sent, I will return to you a complete interior and dash, the only thing that defines this interior as Christine's is the light purple seat covers and her signature missing gauges...I'm pretty confident you've got that covered, even without the inside view You may use anything you want, the engines the gear, whatever, or modify to fit your needs. I love a good trade, thank you.

@ Matt: I found another one of your anti-Easter eggs, and I am requesting some mappage...The gear on the "E" has a painted lower section and scissoring thingy (I'm an ARTIST, not an aerospace engineer...) then the chrome ram that goes up into the airframe. I can duplicate that look on the steering gear, but the main gear map needs a bit of help to get closer to the attached ref shot. THANKS!!!

Griff
twoeleven
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25.jpg (163.1 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by twoeleven; 03-03-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:58 AM

One thing about working with me Griff, is you don't ever need to feel rushed or apologetic for taking longer than you expect. If I want something done quickly I'll do it myself, though I may leave a great many things absent should I go that route. If I want high quality, I go to you and maj. or I take longer myself, and I expect you not to make my projects more important over life's other inconviniences and whatnot. This is a hobby and people can wait as long as we make them wait.

When I get the time myself, I'll look at that landing gear thing-a-ma-bob and forward any updates on over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven
Deal. I regret my delay, I have had the unfortunate task of helping a friend's family during their time of need...I have been physically and mentally absent and my tablet has spider webs on it. Things seem to be getting back to normal, and I hope to get back underway here in a few days.

@ Maj: PM sent, I will return to you a complete interior and dash, the only thing that defines this interior as Christine's is the light purple seat covers and her signature missing gauges...I'm pretty confident you've got that covered, even without the inside view You may use anything you want, the engines the gear, whatever, or modify to fit your needs. I love a good trade, thank you.

@ Matt: I found another one of your anti-Easter eggs, and I am requesting some mappage...The gear on the "E" has a painted lower section and scissoring thingy (I'm an ARTIST, not an aerospace engineer...) then the chrome ram that goes up into the airframe. I can duplicate that look on the steering gear, but the main gear map needs a bit of help to get closer to the attached ref shot. THANKS!!!

Griff
twoeleven

Old 03-03-2011, 03:25 PM

I appreciate the thoughts, I am excited to get this one done as well. I have many other areas to work on, we can do the main gear last if needed...Just wanted to let you know because the front I have matching nicely, and it would only be a small adjustment. Maybe better to wait on that detail anyway, just incase we find something else that needs a tweak.

Thanks,

Griff
twoeleven
Old 03-13-2011, 02:00 PM

I just got Phoenix yesterday and got to try their Skycrane. I honestly like everything about my model more than theirs. I'm not gloating, but I like the way mine looks better as it's more accurate in a number of aspects, such as 5 blades compared to 6, and the conduit on the left and right side is accurate on my model but is wrong on theirs. I also like the flight characteristics of mine much more than theirs eventhough I still haven't solved my blade tracking (appearance) issue yet.

Anyhow, I know KE doesn't like the competition mentioned in their forums, but I felt since KE gets two thumbs up above the other sim, I would be ok to say something. Realflight is definitely more feature rich than other sims and eventhough I branched out, I'll never leave home. (I know this is sappy. LOL)

Old 03-13-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson914
Anyhow, I know KE doesn't like the competition mentioned in their forums,
I don't recall them saying that. I think KE would appreciate hearing if RF was worse than the competion, and why.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
I don't recall them saying that. I think KE would appreciate hearing if RF was worse than the competion, and why.
I figure KE appreciates users mentioning where the software can be improved, but I figured bringing specific matters of the competition might be gray area. I actually have some things I would like to bring to light so maybe I could start a new thread on that. I just know that the way I bring attention to a subject regarding the competition is ok, but what tends to happen here is the competition supporters tend to get carried away with their opinions.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 AM

I wish that we could have a good discussion about the differences between the major RC sim products without it deteriorating into a quagmire. I have both products and others have more sims than I...

I bought Phoenix because I was told that it was a better heli simulator. I am testing both now.

Probably not a good place to host this discussion. I can tell you one thing, the modeler community with Real Flight is a VERY strong point for purchasing.

I also agree the Skycrane modeled here is very strongly favored against the Phoenix version... I sure wish we could get the rotor disk figured out to track the blades.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 03-14-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: