Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G3 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 10-17-2005, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke
Thanks Rick.

I sure hope I don't lose the mapping when importing. I don't see why it would though. But if it does, she ain't gonna have panel lines/rivets again. lol

It'd be nice if the sim handled bump mapping though.
Top notch... that looks amazing. Very nicely done.

I am not sure if KE now supports Bump Mapping on planes... but you can always bake the lighting. My guess is they don't... becaue Hardware shading and lighting take a pretty mean hit on videocards.

-Hays

Last edited by Omita; 10-17-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstuff5050
I cant figure gmax out for nothing!

I have another question about importing our models, will the physic model wire frame be able to wrap around the visual model?
3D modeling can be very hard. Smoke, and Nemo are very talented individuals. Their work is top notch. Don't be frustrated by their work, I am sure they have lots of practice. It's like making a plane out of balsa, you get good over time.

As far as the Physics go, I think they are generated from the visual mesh. When I added the Add-on 1-5 to G3 I think there was a little status bar the said it was generating the physics mesh... so I am assuming that when we add new art it will make the physics mesh based off of the visual geometry. Using 10,000 poly mesh for physics would be crazy slow. In the airplane editor you can see the physics mesh based off of the visual art.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:02 AM

Quote:
I think they are generated from the visual mesh.
No. The physics 'mesh' that you are referring to is not generated by the software. Someone has to actually go into the airplane editor and add physics components [wings, fuselages, wheels, rotors] and align them with the visual mesh.

It would be nice for the software to be smart enough to look at a model and decide what is a wheel and what is a wing, but it's just not there.

Quote:
When I added the Add-on 1-5 to G3 I think there was a little status bar the said it was generating the physics mesh...
Nope. I'm pretty sure the message you are referring to is the progress bar for building collision meshes.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitek
No. The physics 'mesh' that you are referring to is not generated by the software. Someone has to actually go into the airplane editor and add physics components [wings, fuselages, wheels, rotors] and align them with the visual mesh.

It would be nice for the software to be smart enough to look at a model and decide what is a wheel and what is a wing, but it's just not there.

Nope. I'm pretty sure the message you are referring to is the progress bar for building collision meshes.
Cool, thanks for setting me straight. I guess it would make sense that all the physics needs to be hand tweaked.

Thanks for info vitek.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: