Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G3 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 02-04-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herc40
All I did is to add a touch of power through Throttle Trim. It dosen't kill when I return to low stick, and it seemed to help in flying also. Thanks for your kind words about the CS's, I enjoy making them, and can't wait for the new EA.

Herc40

P.S. I have been known to run out of fuel when flying RF. I would not do this in a recording though. The recording was the length off the flight, so there should have been noway that the engines should have drained the power that fast. Thank you.
I am glad it works ....

I will be replacing the EA on G3 Forums if Jim Bourke gets back with me on that.
There are too many AVs and CSs already so I would say, post whatever you like, AVs and CSs.
I am putting back my Research and Travel CSs on the G3 Swap Pages tonight.

I hope Jim Bourke or any od Administrators will replace the EA I have ready and waiting.
It is minor bug, almost like a typo , affects flying very little but I would like to get it corrected.
I do not like cutting corners

The worst case scenario I will post AV and mention it at the beginning of the Description on the Swap Pages.

Andrzej
Old 02-05-2008, 06:47 AM

just a tought

Upload the AV on the swap pages and in the discription, tell everyone to DELETE the earlier version, that this version is the best one. I have seen this done in the past, I don't know why it wouldn't work now. I've got Three more braches of the Military to go, So Air Force should be on swap pages shortly. Good luck..

For a complete list of Recordings, CS's, AV's And EA's, I've done, click here
Paint Scheme Makers, click here for my Gimp Users Guide To Color Schemes
Also check out Grokking The Gimp.

Last edited by herc40; 02-05-2008 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:25 AM

herc40,

If Jim Bourke does not get back with me on that and will not replace the EA , we will end up posting new AV with description as you described.

Let's wait few days for Jim's response.

Andrzej
Old 02-05-2008, 12:32 PM

It does not look like Jim Bourke is going to reply to my PM so I decided to go ahead and post additional AV that fixes minor bug and mention it at the beginning of the Swap pages Description.

It should be there tonight.

Andrzej
Old 02-05-2008, 12:41 PM

One nice thing to add would be an adjustment in the pitch change curve as the engines rotate at mid position.

As is the plane generates too much lift at the front when the engines are pitched 45 degrees forward.

This causes the nose to rise like crazy as the plane picks up speed.

A change to the curves to generate slightly less lift at the front in mid position would cure this, then at full forward angles and at 90 degrees it could be set as you have it now.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose
One nice thing to add would be an adjustment in the pitch change curve as the engines rotate at mid position.

As is the plane generates too much lift at the front when the engines are pitched 45 degrees forward.

This causes the nose to rise like crazy as the plane picks up speed.

A change to the curves to generate slightly less lift at the front in mid position would cure this, then at full forward angles and at 90 degrees it could be set as you have it now.
I don't recommend we change the correction AV as this is a very simple modification. I think people will start modifying it to their tastes, and I think the modification you recommend is a good one.

The pitch change curve is for cruise flight, more nose up trim for slow flight, slightly down for top speed. That took hours to get where it is now, and I wouldn't recommend changing that for the issue you brought up. However, it phases in as the props tilt, from nothing at hover to full at cruise, and this is the curve I would recommend changing. In the Electronics section it is RPM Cruise Modifier 2b. It, of course, will affect the way it transitions from cruise back to hover also. You'll probably have to find some happy medium between the two transitions.

I've included a real quick modification to that curve on the attached AV, it was originally a straight line. I've only done a few of flights, but see what you think. It will likely take a fair amount of testing to get it right. This AV also has the motor assignment corrected.
Attached Files
File Type: g3x VP-124_PCTest_AV.G3X (33.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 02-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Heh... I don't think that most of us ( myself included ) will be able to figure out the interaction between all of the items you have in this physics definition.

It has to be the most complex one yet.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:43 PM

Yeah...I went to mod this beast to get her to my tastes...and I gave up after making it a (hacked) turboprop.
The electronics are COMPLEX
But it makes it a GREAT plane, so however goes it
Thanks
Old 02-10-2008, 09:16 PM

It's all Andrzej's fault . Just kidding.

If you want any help with any of the mixes, I'll be glad to help. Unfortunately, being so complex small changes can be difficult, mostly to the elevator trim.

All the mixes and signal modifiers that start with RPM.. have to do with linking the elevator trim to the RPM of the motor (the RPM closely matches the speed). You can link the front wing control surfaces to the Pitch Gyro or the elevator channel and eliminate 6 of the electronic components (the ones that start with RPM), you'll need a pretty hefty nose up trim at low speeds though.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:50 PM

I can't get it to work right, I have been modifying it for a while now but I still can't get it to work. I tried looking for the g3.65+ download but can't find it. Any ideas?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:01 PM

Rinyotsu,

What do you mean you can not find it?

It is here http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...o=file&id=4574

Physics Model is very complex .... Joe did an excellent job and any deviations from it might be hard to control ...

What info do you need?

Andrzej
Old 02-15-2008, 07:49 AM

To get G3.5 update

To get the G3.5 updates, click on the sim, as soon as the sim loads there will be an OPTION button under the button you press to start your sim. Click on the option button then click on REGISTRY/UPDATE button. You will find it there, you may have to do what I did and download each one in the order they are for it to work. In this case click UPDATE SPECIFIED AND download each one in order.

herc40

Last edited by herc40; 02-15-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:49 PM

Okay, I guess I read it all wrong because I have everything done right. wonder why it was messing up, I figure it out eventually.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:12 PM

did you try this?

Did you try downloading the updates one by one. There is something in the earlier versions, that help the VP-124 fly correctly.

Look on your computer for "Real Flight Launcher", click on the icon. When the screen appears you should see the Yak 54 and Run Realflight.

(NOTE:If RF goes right into loading an airport after you click on the icon, you must find the "RF Launcher" in your computer. Click the "Green Start Button" in the lower left corner of your computer, then look under " All Programs " for RF Launcher).

Right below "Run Realflight" you will see "Additional Options", Click this button.
You will see lots of options, click "Registration/Updates" You must register your copy, then and only then will online updates be available. Click " Update To Specific Version" and download each version in the order in which it is shown. Then when you reach "3.50. 065" the VP-124 should work correctly.

I might add that this task takes some time to complete, so pack a snack. It is worth the effort and your time to get it right. I hope this helps you.

Herc40

Last edited by herc40; 02-16-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:06 PM

It has been posted numerous times by different moderators that you do not need to update "one by one." If you have the earliest version of G3, and install the latest update, you will get all necessary files. See this post

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: