Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringfellow View Post
This is great! I was hoping it would be like this. Would it be more taxing on the internet connection than ordinary multiplayer? All the extra rendering would be local... no? Or would there even be any extra rendering beyond what you normally do to see other pilots?

Also assuming you can be in VR while other pilots in the room are on a flat screen?
The VR is entirely local on the client side, so it doesn't impose an additional burden on multiplayer (except that the rendering performance probably takes a little bit bigger hit for each additional aircraft in your view vs. non-VR). You can be in VR while other people in the session are not, no problem. We've done it here.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_D View Post
The comparison chart indicates that RF-8 only has 5000sq mi of 3D Terrain. Is there an option to add or upload more terrain?
You say "only", but 5000 square miles of terrain is a looooooot of area for an RC model.

No, there is no option to add additional terrain beyond what's there. But you can add airports at different locations within the existing terrain.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:43 AM

Hi all, I just bought an Alienware 15 R3 laptop with 16 GB DDR4 ram, 8GB DDR5 overclocked G1070. Using Oculus for VR. Could some one post a list of tips to optimize the video quality in VR? I know that are lots of settings that can be updated with the graphics card, maybe the laptop itself, or maybe KE or Oculus.

I am pretty excited by this but just plugging everything in - the image quality is barely ok at close range on a photofield for a fixed wing, simulated fields or even photofields at normal flying distances are not good.

Oculus seems pretty responsive for a few other demos, I am not a gamer.

Tips please! Much appreciated.

Edit: I figured out how to enable frame rate display using Nvidia GeForce Experience. Machine is doing 280normal to as high as 380 FPS but as soon as I get my headset on, FPS drops to 45. I tried all RF graphics settings. Higher quality makes the VR picture worse while improving the pic on the laptop.

Feels like a compatibility issue or a settings issue between RF and Oculus. My machine and Oculus are blazing fast for other even more complex games.

Last edited by rcnoober; 11-01-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnoober View Post
Hi all, I just bought an Alienware 15 R3 laptop with 16 GB DDR4 ram, 8GB DDR5 overclocked G1070. Using Oculus for VR. Could some one post a list of tips to optimize the video quality in VR? I know that are lots of settings that can be updated with the graphics card, maybe the laptop itself, or maybe KE or Oculus.

I am pretty excited by this but just plugging everything in - the image quality is barely ok at close range on a photofield for a fixed wing, simulated fields or even photofields at normal flying distances are not good.

Oculus seems pretty responsive for a few other demos, I am not a gamer.

Tips please! Much appreciated.

Edit: I figured out how to enable frame rate display using Nvidia GeForce Experience. Machine is doing 280normal to as high as 380 FPS but as soon as I get my headset on, FPS drops to 45. I tried all RF graphics settings. Higher quality makes the VR picture worse while improving the pic on the laptop.

Feels like a compatibility issue or a settings issue between RF and Oculus. My machine and Oculus are blazing fast for other even more complex games.
answered in verbose in another thread,

look into oculus tray tool. This would be the first step
Old 11-01-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Cool.. what car?
1973 Lincoln Continental MK IV coupe'
Old 11-01-2017, 02:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpb_zffxehQ we need this engine.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brields View Post
I just modeled this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Radial Seven Cylinder Engine 02.jpg (95.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Radial Seven Cylinder Engine 04.jpg (74.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-01-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brields View Post
1973 Lincoln Continental MK IV coupe'
Very nice I like that one, ha.. pretty much all the older American cars.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Good post and excellent point Stringfellow. I also owe realflight and knife edge the credit for my learning how to fly helicopters. They have saved me from spending who knows however much money from crashes I didn't have until I got it down pat in RealFlight. The price for RF-X was worth it for the newer InterLink-X alone. I use it for other simulators and soon Rf8.
My sentiments exactly I think the controller is excellent

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: