Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:27 AM

Thumbs up

Congrats and thanks to those who put their time in to share their passion with others.

Roger.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:10 PM

Ryan.. I just imported one of the planes I'm working on for RF-8 the Radial Racer with my new 7 Cylinder Radial on it and I have a question. Has the rendering changed some, as in the levels in the Spec Map seem to be different between RF 7.5 and RF 8 the plane seems to have more gloss. Right now the Spec Map file is only 24 bits so I don't have an Alpha layer. Does that cause a different generic shift in lighting than in RF 7.5. I'm looking for what I need to adjust to get the same lighting that I had in RF 7.5. I haven't had time to play with it yet I just got it going and need to take my wife out for glasses so I can't work on it again till I get back. But this is just a generic question so I know better what to do (if you have any input that is). Thanks for any help you can give with the limited info I'm including.

EDIT: It may have something to do with the fact I often use baked on colors for the engine parts and the landing gear struts, wheels, and wheel collars.

FIXED THE PROBLEM - OPPs I forgot to make sure that 'normal mapping' was turned 'on' in the graphics options... Sorry about that.

Last edited by technoid; 11-01-2017 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:41 PM

Did you get a downloadable version?
Old 10-31-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikasshes View Post
Did you get a downloadable version?
It wasn't a downloadable version it was a special DVD version for the content creators you can do the same thing with the DVD you purchase, create an ISO file from the DVD and install it from a USB flash drive. But I understand there's a delay between buying it in the US and in Sweden which is why you might be asking about it.

Last edited by technoid; 10-31-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: