Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 06-08-2016, 03:32 PM

I sometimes use Orbiter 2010 (its a free realistic spaceflight program) and I use the Interlink Elite, and yes I know how pathetic that is...

Last edited by DangerZone; 06-08-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZone View Post
I sometimes use Orbiter 2010 (its a free realistic spaceflight program) and I use the Interlink Elite, and yes I know how pathetic that is...
You're not doing space unless you're doing Kerbal space program.... for what looks like a kids game it has some serious science and math behind it. KSP has accurate physics and is a excellent way to learn how to get into space.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:25 PM

But Orbiter is FREE and has REAL and UNREAL SPACECRAFT!!!!
But than again, it's a bit dated...
But than again, its FREE!!!

Now I just got to figure out how to get to Mars, I've been to the Moon a few times, but Mars is harder with all of those crazy MFDs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4eb99ff56a694.jpg (27.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg wingvapor_big.jpg (139.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-08-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZone View Post
But Orbiter is FREE and has REAL and UNREAL SPACECRAFT!!!!
But than again, it's a bit dated...
But than again, its FREE!!!

Now I just got to figure out how to get to Mars, I've been to the Moon a few times, but Mars is harder with all of those crazy MFDs.
In KSP, you're responsible for building your own spacecraft. You can build small one person orbiters to full on crewed interplanetary spacecraft. You can create all kinds of aircraft from transports to space planes. You can send probes into space and build your own remotely operated rovers. Assemble a space shuttle and build your own space station and put a crew up there. Recreate the moon landings. Simulate the SpaceX rocket booster and land the first stage back where it took off from or build a barge and land it there. Basically think of everything that us as humans have ever done in space, you can do in KSP.

Then there's the Mods... Tons of mods.....think of anything that goes into space, real or science fiction and it's probably something you can put into KSP. I have a Starship Enterprise for example and the Discovery from the 2001 movie.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:17 PM

I will agree that you can do more creative things in KSP from what I have seen on the web, but Orbiter can have fictional spacecraft too (I honestly prefer to use a fictional spacecraft called the Delta Glider IV, which is the yellow ship in my above post, because of it's extensive features.) Unlike KSP, the process to be creative with Orbiter is annoying and takes extensive work, probably similar if not harder than making content for Realflight.

Last edited by DangerZone; 06-08-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:42 PM

It's not Free, but it's $40. I didn't pay that, I think I paid $15 but years ago when it was in Beta and it was on sale. Steam still has sale prices on it from time to time and I've seen it for $12-15 bucks. Look during their big sales they do every few months.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
I can't share the helis for the reasons Chris stated in #8

Chris, I've tried X-Plane, but haven't been lucky so far. I also own a couple nice Helis there that would look cool in RF. ND BK 117, Dreamfoil R22, AS350B3+, Bell 206, Bell 407 and Alabeo R66.. Man I spent a sugar honey ice tea load of money on these

Oh and btw, the 3rd FSX heli was the Agusta Westland EH101
Hey I just imported an aircraft into MCX and it's sitting on it's tail. how do I flip it 90 degrees nose level?
Old 04-04-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brields View Post
Hey I just imported an aircraft into MCX and it's sitting on it's tail. how do I flip it 90 degrees nose level?
export it as 3ds and send it to wings or max for editing then rotate it.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:07 PM

Too rotate more that one object in wings, you must first combine all the parts. It is much eraser too rotate it Max, just by draw select all the objects, then right click the screen, and select the rotate box, right side typ 180, click the screen. done
Old 04-04-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible2g View Post
Too rotate more that one object in wings, you must first combine all the parts. It is much eraser too rotate it Max, just by draw select all the objects, then right click the screen, and select the rotate box, right side typ 180, click the screen. done
Or grab the vertices in wings.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: