Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:25 PM

Very Nice !!!
Old 03-06-2019, 01:47 PM

The main gear and doors look great, I like the way the main gear rotates and each leg folds either forward or backwards, excellent work Legoman.
Now the addition of wing crabing landing gear and tanks, this model just keeps getting better.

Last edited by asj5547; 03-06-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:58 PM

I just made the lading gear and I forgot to select some stuff on the last triangle count

triangles 77964

Attached Images
File Type: jpg B-52 Build Pic 15.jpg (136.2 KB, 63 views)
Old 03-06-2019, 02:00 PM

Pity Knife Edge does not do air brake chutes, or are they possible now, (I never know what boundaries Legoman can push)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b-52 air brake chute.png.jpg (11.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg b52_040222-f-5040d-195.jpg (76.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-06-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj5547 View Post
Pity Knife Edge does not do air brake chutes, or are they possible now, (I never know what boundaries Legoman can push)
I have though about it, figured out a theoretical method, it is getting them to unfold and collapse with low airspeed realistically that is the hard part. I though about putting one on the F-105 since the engine would keep it semi inflated. But I deemed it not worth because I wanted the subtle movements to be there and some things like the unfold and inflate and detach/deflate were just not realistically possible.

I would also like the crabbing to work for crosswind landings. but the part I think I need to use the "AFS yaw gyro" reads roll angle instead of yaw angle
Old 03-07-2019, 01:59 PM

I think I am going to bake color on the bombs just so I don't have to remap it and mess around with the UV map later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B-52 Build Pic 16.jpg (41.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-07-2019, 03:24 PM

I went to the OEM website for the engines (wren 44) I was going to use and they are apparently liquidating. So I guess I am either going to need to find a different 40-45 class turbine like the kingtech K-45G2 which I don't have made or use mix matched engines like the Jetcat P20-SX and the Jetcat P60-SE which I do have made
Old 03-08-2019, 03:51 PM

I have gotten cross wind landing down pretty good with the crabbing on channel 10 on the interlink x (slider on the back) but since the install base of the interlink X is so small I won't release the default EA with it active
Old 03-08-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I have gotten cross wind landing down pretty good with the crabbing on channel 10 on the interlink x (slider on the back) but since the install base of the interlink X is so small I won't release the default EA with it active
Got some questions here Legoman (just curios) #1- I understand the X controller has the 10 channels, and I assume it can be used in RF8 and earlier versions, BUT what do you mean when you say the "the install base is so/too small" ??? Thus making you make the decision not to use the crabbing in the release of the plane with it active #2- At what point do you turn off crabbing during landing (obviously after touchdown), but right after touchdown,...during the roll-out OR, after the plane has come to a stop ??? I`m guessing during roll-out, using the slider makes complete sense to me.. for that purpose .I`m guessing the same would apply to the real plane as well. Your doing a great job BTW (as always)
Old 03-08-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Got some questions here Legoman (just curios) #1- I understand the X controller has the 10 channels, and I assume it can be used in RF8 and earlier versions, BUT what do you mean when you say the "the install base is so/too small" ??? Thus making you make the decision not to use the crabbing in the release of the plane with it active #2- At what point do you turn off crabbing during landing (obviously after touchdown), but right after touchdown,...during the roll-out OR, after the plane has come to a stop ??? I`m guessing during roll-out, using the slider makes complete sense to me.. for that purpose .I`m guessing the same would apply to the real plane as well. Your doing a great job BTW (as always)
The interlink X can be used with RF-X and RF-8. People who bought software only version of either of those would not have the interlink X. and people who did buy realflight with the remote usually (seems to me) don't use the new remote because it feels cheaper. or at least that's what I have read. And judging by the responses to the A-1H's moveable pilot head on its build thread it sure seems like very few people either have it or use it as a daily driver for RF.

As far as when do I turn off the crabbing it is usually well after touch down but before coming to a stop. I have installed it on the An-225 and the B-52.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:

As far as when do I turn off the crabbing it is usually well after touch down but before coming to a stop. I have installed it on the An-225 and the B-52.
Sounds like a great feature, especially for cross wind landings, I am really looking forward to the B-52 release model, excellent work, Legoman.
And bonus, fitted to the An-225 as well.
I can see the back slider on the Interlink-X will get a real workout.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:55 PM

More stuff

Attached Images
File Type: jpg B-52 Build Pic 17.jpg (31.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg B-52 Build Pic 18.jpg (62.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg B-52 Build Pic 19.jpg (43.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg B-52 Build Pic 20.jpg (74.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 03-20-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
More stuff

More stuff ? Surely you mean More absolutely incredible work of art stuff, that landing gear is definitely genius level, great work Legoman
Old 03-20-2019, 06:19 PM

Ditto what asj said !!!
Old 03-20-2019, 08:54 PM

Wow.. cool stuff legoman.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: