Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight Basic
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton
Whats not to believe?

A lot of people use RF to iron out issues with real planes.

There are some people that have made new creations that they test out before building the real thing.

Think of it this way too, say you have a plane in RF that fly's exactly like your real R/C model. You want to change throws, expo etc before doing it in real life, there you go.

Not to hard to believe now is it.
I've done likewise.

I can tune the physics of a model until simulated behaviour is identical to the real world, then make changes in the sim that I'm contemplating for the real model.

Both behave the same way and I can avoid costly mistakes.

This "predictive modeling" in Realflight, works just fine.

Johndb may have never heard of things like commercial flight simulators, airfoil dynamics simulators... or even software programs that do things like predicting the path of spacecraft trajectories in multi-body enviornments...

----

Is Realflight a "GAME"?

No it's two mints in one!

----- > Just Click me! < ----

-------

Last edited by opjose; 10-27-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM

In reference to the quote opjose made of Norton's who was commenting on my post in this thread, post #15, I guess I have a small confession to make. My 15 year old godson (who has his own copy of G5) called me Sunday, wanting to know if I wanted to fly with him in a MP session. Since I believe in fostering an interest in our youth for this great software of ours, I told him that I'd host a session. We probably flew for about an hour, with the session count reaching the limit of 8 at times.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: