Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 09-13-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Looking great FE. Looking at it from the front reminds me of some cartoon character but I can't think of it.
Could it possibly be "Marvin the Martian" ???
Old 09-13-2019, 06:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Bill Stuntz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Looking great FE. Looking at it from the front reminds me of some cartoon character but I can't think of it.
I'm not sure exactly why, but I was thinking the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Could it possibly be "Marvin the Martian" ???
And I think uncle twist found it. Looking Marvin up on google, there isn't a very close resemblance, but that IS the character I had in the back of my mind.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:55 PM

Bill, Bill, Bill, have you noticed that your initials are B.S. LOL . I obviously have to apply that too your Comment LOL, no insult intended. I was watching Marvin, Bugs, Daffy, Yosemite Sam, Hell the whole gang, to many to mention,... back in the day (yes, I`m not a youngster anymore) when they weren`t considered politically incorrect, Oh, do you remember Heckle and Jeckle, the two crows ??, anyway, just wanted to let you know, there was no computer/google involved. It`s a shame that that kind of content can`t be shown anymore. I`ve never looked, but you might be able to buy it somewhere, those cartoons were so funny
Old 09-13-2019, 08:25 PM

I learned in kindergarten (1953) that my initials are W.P.S., NOT B.S. So I, too, remember those cartoons. And when you mentioned Marvin, I googled him to be sure he was the character I couldn't remember clearly enough. I couldn't even remember which cartoon he lived in. He was hiding in the back of my mind, and YOU named him for me. Your memory must be better than mine!

Last edited by Bill Stuntz; 09-13-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stuntz View Post
I learned in kindergarten (1953) that my initials are W.P.S., NOT B.S. So I, too, remember those cartoons. And when you mentioned Marvin, I googled him to be sure he was the character I couldn't remember clearly enough. I couldn't even remember which cartoon he lived in. He was hiding in the back of my mind, and YOU named him for me. Your memory must be better than mine!
Bill, that`s too funny, after I submitted my post, I thought hell, he probably didn`t remember the character until AFTER I mention him,...I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, SO, I didn`t repost/edit my post... because I was under the impression that you had in fact remembered who Marvin was. But I guess I might have misinterpreted the first part of your post, easy enough to do .. Memory, well, I don`t remember every thing, but, I`m am surprised at what I do. You probably remember things that I couldn`t....It`s been a long life for each of us.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
You probably remember things that I couldn`t....It`s been a long life for each of us.
It was nice to be reminded about Marvin... and other things. I hope we all have many more years to remember.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:52 PM

Yep, me too, but the cartoons will never be the same, ya know, it`s weird that we both thought of/about Marvin, Full moon, Friday the 13th, maybe the planets were aligned, OR just maybe you born in June.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: