Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 09-03-2019, 08:40 PM

Angry Put out of our Misery finally...

Well there you go all you Jim Bourke fanbois that said the patch was coming to give this the functionality we were promised in the advertising for RFX.

3 Years of deafening silence then to be discontinued without any freaking comment just side shifted to the discontinued products line.

Yeah I know it was all mixed up in the Hobbico fiasco and I am supposed to feel sorry for Jim Bourke blah blah blah …. but this should not have stopped Jim Bourke telling us that it was a dead duck.

I have just bought RF9 ( and looks like a 5th controller in 6 years see below) and its still old school compared to the RFX graphics so its a massive disappointment to see RFX thrown out to the trash.

++
Interlink
Interlink Elite
Interlink X
Tactic SLT and Tactic remote
Soon to arrive Interlink DX ...

Last edited by Bellah1z; 09-03-2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: add info
Old 09-03-2019, 10:22 PM

Yep it's a load of poo for sure.
And you see all the fanbois flocking to RF9.
They all seem to be happy with DirectX 9 and clearly just don;t give a rip at all
About shifting to new tech.
RFX stated to be awesome or it would have been if it was ever completed.

It all boils down to money.
Of all the maybe ten people (or less) that fly RFX.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:03 PM

I am sorry for my support. I did not see this coming. I wish that we knew more.

I do not think DX9 is the road to the future of simulators. There could be a lot of reasons why.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:25 PM

Just wait. something is in the works. we'll see with RF10 aka the real RFX
Old 09-06-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brields View Post
Just wait. something is in the works. we'll see with RF10 aka the real RFX
Yeah well it would be good to see Realflight go back and concentrate on a real DX 12 based sim not this Windows Vista update dx9...
Old 09-08-2019, 06:48 AM

Hello,

I feel really exempt now.
First, the RF-X was heavily advertised, even as regards the hardware requirement. After the purchase, it turned out that this could not be operated properly with the minimum requirements.
My transition to RF-X was made by RF 7.5, and now the RF 9 can not even be operated with the existing interface.

This is not good.

Although I use the RF from version 4, now was the RF-X my last version I bought.
I prefer to buy other Sims and then do not need to annoy me about this strange business.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:41 PM

I think that you are a bit off there. RF8 and RF9 will use just about any windows input game controller. That includes the Interlink-Plus, Interlink-X, and the Interlink-DX. I can understand your disappointment with RF-X. I share the loss. Keep in mind that it is much less than the cost of a single decent aircraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochene View Post
Hello,

I feel really exempt now.
First, the RF-X was heavily advertised, even as regards the hardware requirement. After the purchase, it turned out that this could not be operated properly with the minimum requirements.
My transition to RF-X was made by RF 7.5, and now the RF 9 can not even be operated with the existing interface.

This is not good.

Although I use the RF from version 4, now was the RF-X my last version I bought.
I prefer to buy other Sims and then do not need to annoy me about this strange business.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I think that you are a bit off there. RF8 and RF9 will use just about any windows input game controller. That includes the Interlink-Plus, Interlink-X, and the Interlink-DX. I can understand your disappointment with RF-X. I share the loss. Keep in mind that it is much less than the cost of a single decent aircraft.
I agree in that I have tested RF9 with all my controllers and they all work perfectly. The Interlink X works very well though I don't use the safe button in my sim or real life so I can't comment on that however it is fairly easy to allocate a safe button to a switch.

Joshene you can blame Knifeedge for lots of things but you can't blame them for improving the controller or the functions of the software from RF7.5 but I do blame them for dropping RFX!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: