Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 9
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 11-15-2019, 08:15 AM

Flight Mode Switch ??

I am running the RF9 download edition with a DXE and WS1000 dongle. Flying the Blade 230s V2. Everything works when I fly the real heli, but I can not get the flight mode switch to work(safe,intermediate/expert) everything else works ok. Any clue?
Old 11-15-2019, 09:14 AM

Your probably not mapped correctly in the controller setup in RF9. In the calibration menu do your switches work and are set to function a channel?

If all else fails you can use the keyboard commands for the channels. The keys are the Y U I and O. They toggle channels 5-8.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:55 AM

I would need to know what channel controls the flight modes ?
Old 11-22-2019, 07:23 PM

In the Simulator dropdown menu choose Physics then you can select Beginner, Intermediate or Realistic. On the custom tab you can fine tune your selection.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:53 PM

5 channels only

You only have 6 control channels with your DXe. Open up the 'Select Controller' and edit the active controller. You can assign the one available channel to whatever you want.

Otherwise, you will have to use the keyboard to access the mode....etc. Display the radio gadget to see the keyboard keys and associated channels.

Your controller is so limited, that I think that you should really consider buying the Interlink DX.

Ignor ZuriSteve response. It is unrelated to your question. I do not know why he posted that.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 11-24-2019 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:45 PM

Physics v flight mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
You only have 5 control channels with your DXe. Open up the 'Select Controller' and edit the active controller. You can assign the one available channel to whatever you want.

Otherwise, you will have to use the keyboard to access the mode....etc. Display the radio gadget to see the keyboard keys and associated channels.

Your controller is so limited, that I think that you should really consider buying the Interlink DX.

Ignor ZuriSteve response. It is unrelated to your question. I do not know why he posted that.
12oclockhigh Let me tell you why I made my 'Physics' Suggestion. If he's working with a 5 channel DXe with a helicopter then surely the 5 channels are taken up with throttle, pitch, aileron, elevator and rudder. What is left that he can assign to flight mode switch? If you read the manual pages on Physics it basically achieves the same result with Beginner, Intermediate and Realistic to his requested Safe, Intermediate and Expert. At least that is my experience. Surely a good compromise to overcome the limitations of his radio. Unless you can explain otherwise but bear in mind I am new to this simulator and learning as I go.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:30 AM

My suggestion is to leave physics at realistic setting. Ignore Zuristeve suggestion and use the keyboard to control functions your radio does not have. The physics selection speeds up and slows down the entire action of the sim. Best to leave that as close to realistic as possible.

The OP has 6-9 channels. He needs to go into the Controller configuration to determine the functions and whick keys are associated. This may also require programming the transmitter with free software on a smart phone. This transmitter does a lot for a generous price.

More than Meets the Eye
While the DXe looks and functions like a basic 6-channel transmitter out of the box, it gives pilots the control functions they need to fly a wide variety of Bind-N-Fly aircraft using pre-programmed setups. Functions include:
• Four Control Surface Channels
• 3-Position Flap Switch
• 2-Position Auxiliary Function Switch
• 3-Position Flight Mode Switch for AS3X/SAFE-Equipped Aircraft
• Bind/Panic/Return Home Button for SAFE-Equipped Aircraft

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 11-24-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Further Research.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
My suggestion is to leave physics at realistic setting. Ignore Zuristeve suggestion and use the keyboard to control functions your radio does not have. The physics selection speeds up and slows down the entire action of the sim. Best to leave that as close to realistic as possible.
With your ten years of sim experience I can understand that you want everything at realistic setting. But for newbies like the OP and myself it very much helps the learning process to slow the sim down a bit. In my case I'm using the sim to be able to transition from scale flight to 3D on both helis and planks. Slowing the sim, for example, gives me more inverted seconds before the next crash. Master walking before you try to run!
Old 11-25-2019, 11:45 AM

I totally disagree, but now you are talking an entirely differnt issue.
I am done.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: