Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:55 PM

New Interlink Controller!

Yesterday I asked RF support why the standalone Interlink-X controller seem out of stock and is actually listed as discontinued on the Horizon Hobbies webstore. This is the fast/friendly response I just got;

"The Interlink X has run its production lifecycle and a new Interlink controller will be releasing shortly. Please stand by for additional information over the coming weeks."

I have not seen any details on the new Interlink controlled but hopefully we will see more about it in the next few weeks.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:14 PM

That's definitely an interesting development I hope the new one is an improvement. Although after a while I finally started liking the Interlink-X
Old 07-04-2019, 04:40 PM

Heard a rumor it's going to be based on the Spektrum series of radios and also work with the WS1000.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:20 PM

Very interested... Hope it is specktrum based as I only use their equipment now. I like the feel of my DX8

Perhaps it means a new version of RealFlight is coming???
Old 07-04-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Heard a rumor it's going to be based on the Spektrum series of radios and also work with the WS1000.
Man that would be sweet.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Perhaps it means a new version of RealFlight is coming???
Now wouldn't that be cool I sure hope that happens. With virtually no interaction with the guys from KE for so long I was worried about RealFlight.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Now wouldn't that be cool I sure hope that happens. With virtually no interaction with the guys from KE for so long I was worried about RealFlight.
Yes I wonder if HH have just sacked Knife edge altogether? Wonder what this new controller means for the dead duck RFX ?
Old 07-13-2019, 12:12 AM

I'd really like a new interlink based on the Spektrum transmitter.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post
I'd really like a new interlink based on the Spektrum transmitter.
I would say it will be an almost certain which will be a step back in the right direction.

The original ones were Futaba and then they went to the crap RFX contoller which was trashy. Mine is already broken after being hardly used yet my rfx 6 is still going strong (futaba base).
Old 07-21-2019, 08:41 AM

The Futaba interlinks always worked well for me. Didn't realize they changed. I have been wondering if we will see an 8.5 update. I've been worried we've reached the end of the road. 8 is great... no doubt, but there are a few tweeks which would help. Especially in VR.

When do the .5 updates usually release anyway?
Old 07-21-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringfellow View Post
The Futaba interlinks always worked well for me. Didn't realize they changed. I have been wondering if we will see an 8.5 update. I've been worried we've reached the end of the road. 8 is great... no doubt, but there are a few tweeks which would help. Especially in VR.

When do the .5 updates usually release anyway?
They changed to Tactic Radios which were the old tower hobbies answer to spektrum and it was a sort of crappy Futaba knockoff... I guess now Horizon own Realflight it will got to Spektrum base...I guess.

I hope RF8 will keep on going but since RFX is a dead duck not sure what's next.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: