Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight Classic/Deluxe
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 04-27-2011, 03:18 PM

New graphics card old RealFlight

I have RealFlight classic, the original, that up until recently has worked well for me. With it I use the Rockfire game port to USB converter. Recently my graphic card gave out and I replaced it with a nVidia GeForce GT440 card. When using the Direct3D setting, the screen is all there but diced up in a series of triangles. I created a profile with trial and error settings but it makes no difference. Attached is a screen shot. Has anyone had this problem with a new card/drivers? Any ideals?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RealFlight Screen Shot.jpg (118.2 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussG
I have RealFlight classic, the original, that up until recently has worked well for me. With it I use the Rockfire game port to USB converter. Recently my graphic card gave out and I replaced it with a nVidia GeForce GT440 card. When using the Direct3D setting, the screen is all there but diced up in a series of triangles. I created a profile with trial and error settings but it makes no difference. Attached is a screen shot. Has anyone had this problem with a new card/drivers? Any ideals?
Looks like artifacting to me, have you tested the GPU's ram? do you have heat issues.

What case? and system info would be handy.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 PM

Thank you for responding. I don't think that it is a memory issue. I get the same on screen graphics using two different cards, both brand new. The case that I am using is a Zalman HTPC. The case is well ventalated. Originaly I put this computer together as a home entertainment unit. My OS is Win XP Home. My original video card had a large heatsink with no fan. I think that heat is what killed it. It lasted about 3.5 years. The card that I am currently using is a new EVGA nVidia GT440 with an on board fan. I mentioned trying two different cards. My original replacement card was a nVidia Quadro series. I returned the Quadro card and bought my current GeForce card thinking this would fix it but the on screen graphics for both cards have shown exactly the same. Therefore, I feel that it is the new card/driver issue. I was hoping to find a profile or a patch that will resolve the problem.
I don't have any other "game" applications, but all other applications run just fine. including the latestest RealFlight demo. I guess the fix is to buy version 5.5 but I'm happy with the old one if I can get it going.

Last edited by RussG; 04-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:11 PM

Contact technical support.

Need help with RealFlight G5? Did you know that there is a crew of full time staff waiting to assist you?

Call 217-398-8970 (Option 1)
Available Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM CST.

Thanks,
Chris McVey

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: