Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
No, for now your PC monitor will always show left/right split screen in VR. At least this is the case with my Oculus Rift and Dell WMR, and probably the same with all current VR headsets imho.
Yes same with the Samsung and Vive and Vive Pro. Normally a single view is selected through the software but RF8 doesn't seem o have a single view option.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:43 PM

Anyone out there using the new Oculus Rift S with Real Flight (RF8) ? If so, how do you like it?

Last edited by Dan F; 10-11-2019 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typing error
Old 10-11-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan F View Post
Anyone out there using the new Oculus Rift S with Real Flight (RF8) ? If so, how do you like it?
I have used RF8 with both the original Rift cv1 and newer Rift S. Both work fine with RF8. The image quality of the Rift S is slightly better. However, neither are good for night flying because there is a lot of banding in the night sky. Other than that it works great.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I have used RF8 with both the original Rift cv1 and newer Rift S. Both work fine with RF8. The image quality of the Rift S is slightly better. However, neither are good for night flying because there is a lot of banding in the night sky. Other than that it works great.
X-plane and Aero FS2 both have similar issues. I think that's a rendering issue though as they have the same issue in non vr mode...
Old 10-11-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brields View Post
X-plane and Aero FS2 both have similar issues. I think that's a rendering issue though as they have the same issue in non vr mode...
Sorry but I donít think thatís true. The night sky banding in RF8/9 with Rift VR happens because of the simís DX9 graphics engine together withs Riftís kinda outdated 8 bit panels. RF could fix this if they wanted to like other developers have. Just not a high priority I guess. In non-VR this does not happen with my 1080p gaming monitor.

Nor does this night sky banding happen to me with X Plane 11 in VR with either Rift headset.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Sorry but I donít think thatís true. The night sky banding in RF8/9 with Rift VR happens because of the simís DX9 graphics engine together withs Riftís kinda outdated 8 bit panels. RF could fix this if they wanted to like other developers have. Just not a high priority I guess. In non-VR this does not happen with my 1080p gaming monitor.

Nor does this night sky banding happen to me with X Plane 11 in VR with either Rift headset.
I've never had this issue on my Vive Pro or Samsung Odyssey but they do have much better panels than the Rift.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: