Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #91  
Old 07-09-2019, 09:26 AM
Bellah1z's Avatar
Bellah1z Bellah1z is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
No, for now your PC monitor will always show left/right split screen in VR. At least this is the case with my Oculus Rift and Dell WMR, and probably the same with all current VR headsets imho.
Yes same with the Samsung and Vive and Vive Pro. Normally a single view is selected through the software but RF8 doesn't seem o have a single view option.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Dan F Dan F is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Harrison, Maine, USA
Posts: 15
Anyone out there using the new Oculus Rift S with Real Flight (RF8) ? If so, how do you like it?

Last edited by Dan F; 10-11-2019 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typing error
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-11-2019, 04:19 PM
TomC TomC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan F View Post
Anyone out there using the new Oculus Rift S with Real Flight (RF8) ? If so, how do you like it?
I have used RF8 with both the original Rift cv1 and newer Rift S. Both work fine with RF8. The image quality of the Rift S is slightly better. However, neither are good for night flying because there is a lot of banding in the night sky. Other than that it works great.
__________________
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-11-2019, 06:24 PM
brields's Avatar
brields brields is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I have used RF8 with both the original Rift cv1 and newer Rift S. Both work fine with RF8. The image quality of the Rift S is slightly better. However, neither are good for night flying because there is a lot of banding in the night sky. Other than that it works great.
X-plane and Aero FS2 both have similar issues. I think that's a rendering issue though as they have the same issue in non vr mode...
__________________
Only The best wear red
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-11-2019, 08:13 PM
TomC TomC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by brields View Post
X-plane and Aero FS2 both have similar issues. I think that's a rendering issue though as they have the same issue in non vr mode...
Sorry but I donít think thatís true. The night sky banding in RF8/9 with Rift VR happens because of the simís DX9 graphics engine together withs Riftís kinda outdated 8 bit panels. RF could fix this if they wanted to like other developers have. Just not a high priority I guess. In non-VR this does not happen with my 1080p gaming monitor.

Nor does this night sky banding happen to me with X Plane 11 in VR with either Rift headset.
__________________
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-13-2019, 02:46 AM
Bellah1z's Avatar
Bellah1z Bellah1z is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Sorry but I donít think thatís true. The night sky banding in RF8/9 with Rift VR happens because of the simís DX9 graphics engine together withs Riftís kinda outdated 8 bit panels. RF could fix this if they wanted to like other developers have. Just not a high priority I guess. In non-VR this does not happen with my 1080p gaming monitor.

Nor does this night sky banding happen to me with X Plane 11 in VR with either Rift headset.
I've never had this issue on my Vive Pro or Samsung Odyssey but they do have much better panels than the Rift.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 PM.