Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 9
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 10-12-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Good to know because I recall that it doesn't work the other way around.
Yeah .. that kinda sucks it doesn't work both ways.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
If you purchased RF9 from Steam then it only runs from the Steam library. However multiplayer for realflight is the same either way as it uses knife edge servers to connect everyone.
I'm not sure I understand this correctly. IF using a STEAM version or initiating RF9 from the STEAM Library Game List, the Multiplayer servers are only KnifeEdge?

I would expect STEAM to facilitate ... but if not, then running RF9 through STEAM seems a waste of time.

I have had connections as far away as Australia thinking it was STEAM doing the facilitation, but if STEAM isn't needed, it's easier to just invoke RF9 from my start menu.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt FunFly View Post
I'm not sure I understand this correctly. IF using a STEAM version or initiating RF9 from the STEAM Library Game List, the Multiplayer servers are only KnifeEdge?

I would expect STEAM to facilitate ... but if not, then running RF9 through STEAM seems a waste of time.

I have had connections as far away as Australia thinking it was STEAM doing the facilitation, but if STEAM isn't needed, it's easier to just invoke RF9 from my start menu.
I have a digital copy (non steam) and I have been on your multplayer server before. all versions of rf9 connect to the same server for multiplayer
Old 10-13-2019, 06:31 AM

Both the Steam and non-Steam version connect to the same server at KE for multiplayer sessions so it doesn't matter what version you are running.

There was another thread where a guy was having trouble with the Steam version. I pointed him at the download and he used it without issue.

Here is a link to that thread:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33970

Last edited by BrokeDad; 10-13-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:25 AM

Realflight does not use any of the multiplayer features that steam provides, it's only used for sale and distribution of the software. Everyone connects to the knife edge servers for multiplayer. Since you have a steam version of the software, you will still go through their software to use realflight. It won't launch without going through Steam.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I have a digital copy (non steam) and I have been on your multplayer server before. all versions of rf9 connect to the same server for multiplayer
Hi,

That's really good to know!

I hope I'm flying sometime this week. I'm waiting for a new radio from Horizon Hobby.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: