Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-24-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible2g View Post
That would look good on the Timber.
What? A Binturong?

Old 06-24-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDawg View Post
Here it is ... if you want to post it you can ... if you want to name it, you can ... it is your paint job ... I just enhanced it a tad ...
Downloaded and tested in RF-X and RF7.5, it looks much better in X, particularly close up walk arounds, zoomed in, have a look at the pics, (orange on wings RF7.5) I don't know how it displays RF8 ?
Incredible detail Ddawg on the lines and rivets, you should be really proud of your work.

Why don't you upload your version, it should be under your banner. Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RealFlight 2018 RF7.5 (2).jpg (170.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg RealFlight 2018 RF7.5.jpg (296.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg RF-X Ddawg's lines.jpg (336.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg RF-X Ddawg's lines-2.jpg (162.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-24-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj5547 View Post
Downloaded and tested in RF-X and RF7.5, it looks much better in X, particularly close up walk arounds, zoomed in, have a look at the pics, (orange on wings RF7.5) I don't know how it displays RF8 ?
Incredible detail Ddawg on the lines and rivets, you should be really proud of your work.

Why don't you upload your version, it should be under your banner. Thanks again.
If you wish, but I do so under protest ....
Old 06-24-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDawg View Post
If you wish, but I do so under protest ....
Consider your protest acknowledged.
I am happy to see the color scheme shared, whoever wants to share it does not bother me, thanks.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:42 PM

Do you guys think you could upload a variant so I can use the bearcat without the weapons and have a spinner? I have been missing from this thread for a while so please don't get to mad at me lol
Thanks.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha'Zix View Post
Do you guys think you could upload a variant so I can use the bearcat without the weapons and have a spinner? I have been missing from this thread for a while so please don't get to mad at me lol
Thanks.
No problem that's already built into the plane go read the release notes on the swap page and it tells you how to use the ENGINE TO SHOW setting in the Physics to Display the plane 4 different ways. The last picture I uploaded is a split view 4 ways that shows what each setting looks like.

So if you can use the Editor that's built into Real Flight you can get exactly what you want by setting the Engine to Show setting to ELECTRIC.

4STROKE is No Spinner, Guns, Bombs, and Rockets.
2STROKE is Guns only
ELECTRIC is Spinner Only
NONE is No Spinner, No Guns, No Bombs, No Rockets.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks.
Open the vehicle editor, click on the physics tab and select "engine to show" Electric and make sure to "save" when closing editor.
Attached Images
File Type: png spinner.PNG (490.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-26-2018, 08:08 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
No problem that's already built into the plane go read the release notes on the swap page and it tells you how to use the ENGINE TO SHOW setting in the Physics to Display the plane 4 different ways. The last picture I uploaded is a split view 4 ways that shows what each setting looks like.

So if you can use the Editor that's built into Real Flight you can get exactly what you want by setting the Engine to Show setting to ELECTRIC.

4STROKE is No Spinner, Guns, Bombs, and Rockets.
2STROKE is Guns only
ELECTRIC is Spinner Only
NONE is No Spinner, No Guns, No Bombs, No Rockets.
Thank you! Sorry I am such a noob lol.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Thank you! Sorry I am such a noob lol.
No problem I'm glad you can get it the way you want. It's such a cool plane I knew people would want to fly it and paint it different ways.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
No problem I'm glad you can get it the way you want. It's such a cool plane I knew people would want to fly it and paint it different ways.
Oh yeah! The Bearcat is one of my favorite planes. I am going to build a Cessna 195 running on a 50cc engine then I will build a Bearcat and have it in the Gulfhawk paint job.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke View Post
One of my favorite airshow memories is taxiing out to the runway following a Bearcat at the Tacoma airshow a couple of years ago. Such a cool plane.
When my father was in the US Navy, he was stationed at Pax River in Maryland, and the Blue Angels arrived in their Bearcats. As the story was told to me, there were a few P-51 drivers there for some reason that wasn't revealed, but apparently late into the night in the O Club, many adult beverages were consumed, and inter-service rivalry being what it was, these Mustang and Bearcat drivers got into a bit of a conversation about who had the better airplane. A contest was devised for the next morning (after all were sober of course).

4 Mustangs, and 4 Bearcats would line up on the parallel runways and on signal start their takeoff roll. Whomever could get airborne and get into a shooting position first would win. So it goes, the flag drops, power comes up and away they go. The Blue Angels pilots lift off, reverse direction, and laughed their ass off yelling "guns guns guns" over the radio.. BEFORE A SINGLE MUSTANG HAD LIFTED OFF.

In short.. the Grumman Bearcat was a beast. My late friend Tom Freidkin owned a Bearcat and flew it regularly (his son Dan now flies it occasionally when The Horsemen do a USN tribute at airshows), and said it was the easiest taildragger he'd ever flown. He claimed because of the landing gear position, if you smoothly brought power up while holding the tail on the ground, that it took ZERO RUDDER to run straight down the runway to liftoff..

It's EASILY my favorite prop-driven airplane ever.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCronkhite View Post
When my father was in the US Navy, he was stationed at Pax River in Maryland, and the Blue Angels arrived in their Bearcats. As the story was told to me, there were a few P-51 drivers there for some reason that wasn't revealed, but apparently late into the night in the O Club, many adult beverages were consumed, and inter-service rivalry being what it was, these Mustang and Bearcat drivers got into a bit of a conversation about who had the better airplane. A contest was devised for the next morning (after all were sober of course).

4 Mustangs, and 4 Bearcats would line up on the parallel runways and on signal start their takeoff roll. Whomever could get airborne and get into a shooting position first would win. So it goes, the flag drops, power comes up and away they go. The Blue Angels pilots lift off, reverse direction, and laughed their ass off yelling "guns guns guns" over the radio.. BEFORE A SINGLE MUSTANG HAD LIFTED OFF.

In short.. the Grumman Bearcat was a beast. My late friend Tom Freidkin owned a Bearcat and flew it regularly (his son Dan now flies it occasionally when The Horsemen do a USN tribute at airshows), and said it was the easiest taildragger he'd ever flown. He claimed because of the landing gear position, if you smoothly brought power up while holding the tail on the ground, that it took ZERO RUDDER to run straight down the runway to liftoff..

It's EASILY my favorite prop-driven airplane ever.
Very cool story, thanks for sharing it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: