Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
I like flying this plane in RF-X it handles the choppy water well and fly's nice and smooth with a great view while I'm exploring the island. I think I may stop modeling after I release this plane for a while my interest level is low and the forum seems to be dying, this used to be a cool place with lots of posts but these days it seems a bit dead and seems to be getting worse. So maybe it's time to build my real plane and do that this summer.
I've been gone for a while but started following the forum again recently and just read your post about stopping modeling. That's too bad I like your models the best I download all of them yours are the best flying models they fly like RC planes not real planes. I'm an old guy too and I like RC models because that's what I fly and after all it is an RC simulator. No superboy models for me. But what you said about the forum is true it's pretty much a wasteland these days that's why I stopped checking in for a while. But please don't stop modeling, slow down if you need to but don't stop.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post
I've been gone for a while but started following the forum again recently and just read your post about stopping modeling. That's too bad I like your models the best I download all of them yours are the best flying models they fly like RC planes not real planes. I'm an old guy too and I like RC models because that's what I fly and after all it is an RC simulator. No superboy models for me. But what you said about the forum is true it's pretty much a wasteland these days that's why I stopped checking in for a while. But please don't stop modeling, slow down if you need to but don't stop.
Thanks flip I'm glad you like my models most of them are a bit different than everything else because they're my own designs. In the beginning I really liked to create new models and others seem to enjoy them too but as time went by things started to change so I enjoyed creating them less. And now days the interest level is pretty low in my custom designs so it's hard to get excited about doing one. But again thanks for the kind comments I'm really glad to hear you've enjoyed my planes. I will say I've got a number of PMs from people that like them too, one fellow ask if I was going to create a kit for any of them which was a really nice compliment to me. But I don't have the means to create a kit so I told him they were only for realflight. But who knows as time goes by I'll probably start modeling again it's something to do to keep me busy at home since I'm pretty much a home body these days taking care of my wife.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:13 AM

I just uploaded Excursion to the swap pages there were a few changes at the very end so you might want to grab it even if you have the last beta.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
thanks technoid i just grabbed it looking forward to your Something special release i have a CS ready to go for it
Old 06-01-2019, 06:51 PM

Thanks Technoid, I just grabbed the Excursion EA.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:34 PM

Me too! thanks for the Excursion EA Technoid.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: