Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 02-26-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I mount the rudder servo on the tail. I don't like push-pull wires. I always have slop and play in the rudder that I do not like to see. I know that adding a rudder servo on the tail may have to be compensated with weight on the nose. There are always trade-offs in building planes.

I have used goldenrod, but have gotten away from it. I have 6 50cc planes. I don't go larger because they won't fit into my vehicle for transport.
Okay.. cool info, thanks!
Old 02-26-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I mount the rudder servo on the tail. I don't like push-pull wires. I always have slop and play in the rudder that I do not like to see. I know that adding a rudder servo on the tail may have to be compensated with weight on the nose. There are always trade-offs in building planes.

I have used goldenrod, but have gotten away from it. I have 6 50cc planes. I don't go larger because they won't fit into my vehicle for transport.
one of the biggest reasons I have started to fly electrics , and nothing over 1500mm span ... too much hassle, and time consumming.

i get to the field, I just want to fly ... not spend all that time preparing to fly, and clean up when it's time to go.

Last edited by DDawg; 02-26-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:51 PM

Gas planes don't require much if any cleanup. I hate flying those tiny foam cup planes.
To each his own. I own exactly one foam plane and it is in disrepair. I don't know if I will ever fix it.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:57 PM

I don't often post a picture to brag about, but ain't this cool.

After mapping all the parts they're all off the grid in 3ds Max but I needed to go back and fix some misplaced parts after exporting to FBX and this is what it looks like. The odd part is ALL the parts are off the grid in 3ds Max which is where the mapping takes place so I wouldn't think there would be anything showing on the plane.

But I've modified the fuselage again so now I need to go back and remap it. But then I can move the parts to the grid and get a CS going for it. I may use the old CS for the beta and then create a new one for release. But the old one should look pretty good on the Yak.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yak 55m 13.jpg (128.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-26-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Gas planes don't require much if any cleanup. I hate flying those tiny foam cup planes.
To each his own. I own exactly one foam plane and it is in disrepair. I don't know if I will ever fix it.
I prefer 'crunchies' over foam ... but some of my foamies are excellent flyers.
I just don't like going to the flying field , taking out my plane and there is a squadron of the same plane, out of the same mold.

now to get back to the main thread ... sorry TECHIE ...
Old 02-26-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
I don't often post a picture to brag about, but ain't this cool.

After mapping all the parts they're all off the grid in 3ds Max but I needed to go back and fix some misplaced parts after exporting to FBX and this is what it looks like. The odd part is ALL the parts are off the grid in 3ds Max which is where the mapping takes place so I wouldn't think there would be anything showing on the plane.

But I've modified the fuselage again so now I need to go back and remap it. But then I can move the parts to the grid and get a CS going for it. I may use the old CS for the beta and then create a new one for release. But the old one should look pretty good on the Yak.
The Andy Warhol edition ...
Old 02-26-2018, 01:28 PM

cant wait for the first try of it to get posted in here
Old 02-26-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge v3 View Post
cant wait for the first try of it to get posted in here
I'm working now on finishing up the first pass of mapping, that is resizing all the parts and fitting them on the grid in 3ds Max so I can save a TGA file that's used for the CS. Of course there's still the 1x1 mapping to do after that where you do the final alignment so the edges match up. But usually it's close enough after the first pass I'll release the first beta. So hang in there it got better since you seen it last. I went back and reworked the landing gear so they have that typical rounded look. Some of the ARF's have that, others do not. I didn't do it at first but after I flew the Yak from the expansion pak, which does have the rounded look I knew I needed to add that too. So I think it's going to turn out okay. Not the very best Yak around but probably not the worst.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:22 PM

ok dude but the 3dhs yak doesnt have the round undercarige
Old 02-26-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge v3 View Post
ok dude but the 3dhs yak doesnt have the round undercarige
I'm not doing a 3dhs yak anymore.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:28 PM

Yak 54 Landing Gear

Quick Pic from my Carden Yak54. Very reliable, never knocked them off once.
I will provide all pictures you need to make this color scheme, if anyone is interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yak_Landing_Gear.jpg (356.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 02-26-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:03 PM

ewww ... I like flames ... reminds me a bit of my 3DHS Laser ... CS wise ...

Last edited by DDawg; 02-26-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:49 PM

Thanks... I didn't ask your opinion, I like the colors. They sold a lot of them, so some must agree with me. Those are the only flames on the plane.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks... I didn't ask your opinion, I like the colors. They sold a lot of them, so some must agree with me. Those are the only flames on the plane.
WOW, someone didn`t take their polite pill this morning, OH WAIT, you DID say thanks...
Old 02-26-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
And here I was thinking you would get the hint ... I was in an off handed way ... going to volunteer to do it ... as I am pretty good at doing flames ... and I love the way Blue/yellow/white go together ... Oh, and you did ask if "ANYONE" was interested ...

But wowsers, just a bit too touchy for my blood ...

guess I'll just hold off now ... and wait and see ... when the yak is done ... and then decide.

[SMH]

And my Lazer is Extreme Flight ... my Slick is 3DHS ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170911_065709.jpg (501.2 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by DDawg; 02-26-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: