Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:28 PM

Wow !!! you are putting a lot of detail into the Monster Stick 150, a power switch, charging ports with dust covers, fuel fill/overflow ports, throttle and choke plates on the engine, plus those big beautiful tires and wheels. This will be another great model, thanks Technoid.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj5547 View Post
Wow !!! you are putting a lot of detail into the Monster Stick 150, a power switch, charging ports with dust covers, fuel fill/overflow ports, throttle and choke plates on the engine, plus those big beautiful tires and wheels. This will be another great model, thanks Technoid.
Thanks. I added a bit more detail today I cut the holes in the top of the wing where the wing screws are recessed. I even added a screw at the bottom of the hole so when you look down in the hole in the RF editor you'll see a screw. My screws aren't fancy but you can tell they're screws. I suppose now days with the extra polys in RF-8 I should start adding a slot in the top of the screw. But I haven't started doing it yet.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:28 PM

Legoman. Since you're the defacto scale guy how bad would it be if I used normal servos in the wing and elevator instead of the ones turned on their side with just the servo arm sticking out a slot. I don't know why but for some reason I don't care for those. And if I built the plane in real life I wouldn't do it that way. But of course this is a model of a model so maybe I should. Thus the question. Of course I'd like to hear from anyone on this too.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:02 AM

I went ahead and seen what I could do embedding a servo in the hstab for the elevator, and the servos for the ailerons will be the same way. I like seeing the servos better than hiding them but the plane was built that way so I suppose I should stay with what they did. Even though if I built the plane I wouldn't do it that way. Take a look at this picture and see if the servo looks okay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMR Monster Stik 150 17.jpg (66.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-17-2018, 07:24 AM

Different way of doing things, but looks okay. Nice to have that kind of room in a hstab.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj5547 View Post
Different way of doing things, but looks okay. Nice to have that kind of room in a hstab.
Yes once you put an airfoil in the hstab you get some room, especially when it's a huge plane like this one. And I'm starting to warm up to the looks, but I do miss seeing the top of the servo and the whole arm. But this does hide the dirty little details better.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:37 PM

I finished the servos for the elevator this morning so I thought I'd post another picture for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMR Monster Stik 150 18.jpg (125.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-18-2018, 11:51 AM

I finished adding the aileron servos this morning. I still need to make the cuts in the wings where the servo arms come out but that's not hard to do. Then I need to add the rudder and tail gear servo connections and it's mapping time. I wanted to be finished with everything this time before I start mapping so I only have to do it once. I was going to release a beta first but decided to save some work on remapping after I added the servos. Since I need to cut holes in the wings and stabilizers where the servo arms come out it made sense to do everything at once and save some time remapping after I added them. Here's a picture of all the servos. Ha. You can only see the plates that cover them but the servo is actually below the surface. I may go back and delete all the hidden servo parts except what I need. All I need is the servo arm and pin since that's all you'll be able to see from the outside. Of course you'd be able to see all the servo parts in the RF editor but I'm not sure that's worth mapping them. I'll overlay all the servo parts so they don't take much room in the CS map but I'd still have to map them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMR Monster Stik 150 19.jpg (115.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-18-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Legoman. Since you're the defacto scale guy how bad would it be if I used normal servos in the wing and elevator instead of the ones turned on their side with just the servo arm sticking out a slot. I don't know why but for some reason I don't care for those. And if I built the plane in real life I wouldn't do it that way. But of course this is a model of a model so maybe I should. Thus the question. Of course I'd like to hear from anyone on this too.
With out a doubt they will be high torque servos. And one for each elevator and two for each aileron rudder I an not sure but there might be two on the rudder in a internal tray. I am at a rally for military vehicles in ga till Sunday so I am light on specifics.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
With out a doubt they will be high torque servos. And one for each elevator and two for each aileron rudder I an not sure but there might be two on the rudder in a internal tray. I am at a rally for military vehicles in ga till Sunday so I am light on specifics.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
No problem I'm cool I just didn't want to add the servos the way they did, but it's their plane so I figured I better do them like they did. And yeah high torque servos.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:49 PM

I added the rudder pull-pull connections tonight and the hstab mount tab with screw. The hstab is like the wings it has a tube running though it and is removable. I still need to add something where the rudder wires enter the fuselage. The mounting tab for the wing is on the bottom and I still need to add them before mapping. Ha. Lots of little details to make it look as much like the kit as I can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMR Monster Stik 150 24.jpg (106.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-19-2018, 09:21 AM

All of those small details will add up to a really great model, and with "Technoid's flight physics" applied to the Monster Stick 150, it will become absolutely incredible, I am looking forward to flying this model.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
It's a shame we don't have Star Trek technology and can just have one materialize based on your designs.
Yeah.. that would sure be easier on me
Old 10-19-2018, 12:24 PM

I added the servo connections for the tail wheel this morning and did several tweaks here and there to stuff that wasn't quite right. I also added the wing mounting tabs to the bottom of the wings. Now I need to model one of those covers they make to put where a servo wire goes though the fuselage and add them to the rudder and tail wheel wires. Then I'll be finished and can start mapping. It will be nice to get that finished so I can do some physics and finally get to fly it. Here's a picture of the tail wheel servo wire connections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMR Monster Stik 150 25.jpg (103.9 KB, 13 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: