Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 12-13-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Guzzi View Post
Looks awesome Buddy!

Another great addition to my Pre-war fleet is on the way

How hard would it be to add a "scale" radial to the colorscheme/3-d model?

I remember some other builders allowed setting the "engine to show" feature on the edit page to render different features...engines, guns, canopy config. etc (the TBD Devastator comes to mind)

No biggie if its a real pain, were talking about raising it from a 9.9 on the fantastic scale to a 9.95 with a Scale Engine.

Thank God for people smarter than me !
A scale engine would be cool but. The engine would need to have a scale backside and head as well. But I will consider it I am also considering servos and horns. Scene this is probably the most Practical plane to recreate in real life.

and to Flip all I have to say is "calm down". and "I would rather read a post like what moto guzzi wrote than the negativity you write half the time in your posts."
Old 12-14-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
A scale engine would be cool but. The engine would need to have a scale backside and head as well. But I will consider it I am also considering servos and horns.
I'd be happy with pasting a picture of a radial onto a flat disk inside the cowl, "Joe-Precision" will render each cooling fin and hex-head bolt

Showoff!
Old 12-16-2018, 07:16 PM

made the prop today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F3F build pic 21.jpg (61.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg F3F build pic 22.jpg (31.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg F3F build pic 23.jpg (37.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Very nice I like it.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:41 PM

Looks great.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
made the prop today
Looks great Legoman, I know you asked for Tech`s. radial, is that the pictured in the pics.,??? looks like it,?, just not sure if you finished the one you were working on....Either way.... it looks good in there.

Last edited by uncle twist; 12-16-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post

Looks great Legoman, I know you asked for Tech`s. radial, is that the pictured in the pics.,??? looks like it,?, just not sure if you finished the one you were working on....Either way.... it looks good in there.
yes that is technoid's radial
Old 12-22-2018, 10:33 PM

I have a question. What is the definition of a scale model? Or said differently can there be a scale model of a normal rc plane?
Old 12-22-2018, 11:00 PM

HMMMM, well let`s start with, what the heck is YOUR definition of "a scale model of a NORMAL RC AIRPLANE", in other words, define in your opinion/definition of what YOU think is NORMAL , in regards to an rc plane. This is going to be fun flip...
Old 12-23-2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
HMMMM, well let`s start with, what the heck is YOUR definition of "a scale model of a NORMAL RC AIRPLANE", in other words, define in your opinion/definition of what YOU think is NORMAL , in regards to an rc plane. This is going to be fun flip...
I'm not wanting to start anything or get this thread off track I was just wondering about it. You see models of normal rc planes that aren't that scale looking and others that do, so why isn't that a scale model too. It seems most often people think of scale planes as having to be a real plane, but that's not the definition of a scale model. A scale model is an accurate representation of the real thing. Just thinking out loud. I remember you speaking of scale in similar terms once. I can't remember exactly but you spoke about how there's different levels of scale in rc modeling.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:57 PM

OK, Well, Me personally, I would think that what you call a "normal" plane, would be one that is not designed to look like a "real world" airplane in any way, sure, you have rc planes that are high and low wing..etc. BUT, that is their only resemblance to a real world airplane at all, they don`t look like particular Cessna, piper etc. you could say that a high wing looks like a Cessna, BUT, it DOES NOT look like any particular model of a real world Cessna. Despite the fact that all Cessna`s look alike, there are differences between models. Therefore, these models aren`t considered scale. Now, when you get into "scale"planes, they are pretty much, just a reduced version of a real world airplane, there are different levels of "scale", "semi scale" for example, might be a good presentation of a real world airplane, but, dimension wise, it`s not quite to scale,say 1/4 for example, and they are lacking details. NOW (and you know this) when you get into "scale" planes, judges look for dimensions that are correct to scale, say 1/4 or 1/3 for example, as well as panel lines interior details, rivets etc., it`s a pretty long list, pretty much, a TRUE "scale" airplane is just a reduced version of a real world airplane, right down to last detail. Judges are usually judging on, how close you got, that`s what will get you "best of show" in a contest. NOW, for real flight purposes the rules are a little different, let`s take Legomans F3F for example, in the end, it might be lacking some MINOR "details", BUT in RF it would be considered "scale", because it`s a real good presentation of a real world airplane, especially dimension wise. modelers are somewhat limited to just how much detail they put into a model.

Last edited by uncle twist; 12-23-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:56 PM

I like long beautiful legs on a woman. I love the look of scale landing gear. Just as I am repulsed by skinny chicken legs on a woman, I am similarly repulsed by a single wire landing gear on a CG simulator plane.

The reason it is not done on RW RC planes is the cost. It costs little more to have beautiful sumptuous tantalizing scale landing gear on a CG warbird. But I digress.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I like long beautiful legs on a woman. I love the look of scale landing gear. Just as I am repulsed by skinny chicken legs on a woman, I am similarly repulsed by a single wire landing gear on a CG simulator plane.

The reason it is not done on RW RC planes is the cost. It costs little more to have beautiful sumptuous tantalizing scale landing gear on a CG warbird. But I digress.
Hey I made some nice legs (landing gear) for you on the F8F-2.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:08 PM

made the gear over the last few days
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F3F build pic 24.jpg (42.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg F3F build pic 25.jpg (34.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-29-2018, 03:27 PM

Really nice piece of 3DS engineering, looks great Legoman.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: